• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Pampered Pig turning into fussy bugger lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsWilsoncroft

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hey everyone
as you all know I have a gorgeous piggy called Reggie :)
Had him now since Oct and been trying him with lots of new fresh foods.
He makes me laugh, the other night I ran out of carrots so gave him some apple and green beans instead.
He looked at me as if to say "is that it?" lol! {:|
Then again went shopping yesterday, the shop had no carrots at all so tried him with some tinned ones i picked up. The fussy bugger again wouldnt eat them.
Today he has had cucumber and tomatoes which he also loves but I think hes complaining as hes not had that much lately, with the weather and stuff ive not been able to get my daily amounts of fruit and veg and a good variety.
I hope my pampered little piggy will forgive me :p :))

Does anyone else have piggies which think they are kings and should eat like one ;) lol.
x

Definitely! My 3 girls are tremendously fussy! Best example is when I followed advice on this forum and made them some porridge with water. Everyone else's piggies = success, mine all turned their noses up and Misty was more interested in eating the paper plate I put it on! Personally I think they just try their luck - when my husband gives them food they eat it. When I feed them Storm will only have some if she is hand fed lots first! Their favourite is green leaves, woe betide me if I run out or we have the audacity to eat some!

hey everyone
as you all know I have a gorgeous piggy called Reggie :)
Had him now since Oct and been trying him with lots of new fresh foods.
He makes me laugh, the other night I ran out of carrots so gave him some apple and green beans instead.
He looked at me as if to say "is that it?" lol! {:|
Then again went shopping yesterday, the shop had no carrots at all so tried him with some tinned ones i picked up. The fussy bugger again wouldnt eat them.
Today he has had cucumber and tomatoes which he also loves but I think hes complaining as hes not had that much lately, with the weather and stuff ive not been able to get my daily amounts of fruit and veg and a good variety.
I hope my pampered little piggy will forgive me :p :))

Does anyone else have piggies which think they are kings and should eat like one ;) lol.
x

Does he know that there are starving guinea pigs out there.rolleyes

ha ha:))

well when I first got my boars the previous owner said they wouldn't touch bell peppers and for a while they turned their noses up at them then suddenly one day they ate them and love the now!

The one thing they all turn thier nose up with is parsnips, they are not amused when they are given:)

Mine are fussy too. Makes me laff. They dont like anything thats dried in a packet like locust bean treats, or those little bars you buy in the pet shop, not even wagg carrot treats. I popped a little bit of parsnip in the cage yesterday and Gaga had a nibble.They eat carrots, spinich, greens, and salad but not iceburg. I bought a bag of green leaves from tesco the other day and they love that. I am going to try them on orange in the next week or so, see of they like that. I doubt it though.
Do they eat swede?I bought a bag of stewing veg from icelands and I have one in there.

My piggys are lazy! An example being i will put some cucumber in their cage, they no exactly where it is but refuse to touch it untill i hand it to them. Also they have some seed like chew bars which they are more than capable of breaking of themselves but will only eat the seeds if i tear them of for them. They make me laugh :))

Hahaha I am loving all your snobby piggies too ;)

my boy wont even eat the guinea pig treat sticks, I thought piggies would love things like that.

This morning I gave him cucumber, tomatoes and some dry Wagg food. He wouldnt eat the treats unless I handed it to him lol! -c

I brought a nice red pepper the other day and not one of the four buggers ate any!

my two are not at all fussy with food! although they did get very offended when i offered them courgette and mint! they were not amused! :))

Thought I would try something different the other day and tried courgette, they decided that they didn't like it.rolleyes

The second Skittle hears a rustling bag, he thinks its the leafy greens from the fridge and goes nuts with squeaking! If i don't give him anything he sits whining until i predictably give in :))

mine look offended if I dare to give them courgette!

they will however give me kisses if i give them parsley! drool

The second Skittle hears a rustling bag, he thinks its the leafy greens from the fridge and goes nuts with squeaking! If i don't give him anything he sits whining until i predictably give in :))

Haha Reggie is the same, the other night I ate a packet of crisps and the rustle of the packet made him wheek like mad, he wouldnt stop until I gave him a treat lol x

I'm glad mine aren't the only ones that do this, if I open anything all I can hear is wheeking. They've even started doing it when I open the fridge door and Snuffles runs to the cage bars to make sure she gets first pick on whatever/if anything I bring back!
Mine really aren't interested in fruit but love their veggies and herbs!

I'm glad mine aren't the only ones that do this, if I open anything all I can hear is wheeking. They've even started doing it when I open the fridge door and Snuffles runs to the cage bars to make sure she gets first pick on whatever/if anything I bring back!
Mine really aren't interested in fruit but love their veggies and herbs!

hehe it's soooo cute isnt it?
I love the reaction of him when its food time, he sticks his little nose in the air and it looks so cute looking at his lil' piggy lips x

It makes me smile every time I hear it. I also love the piggy lips - not sure about the piggy tongue though!

snuffsnuffs.jpg

It makes me smile every time I hear it. I also love the piggy lips - not sure about the piggy tongue though!

snuffsnuffs.jpg

Aww I cant view the pic at work :(
I proper love piggy lips, ears, noises and the shape of their little asses lol x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back