Panic! from the novice owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well thought it was too good to be true! Got the piglets Zapp and Whizz out this morning no problem and whilst I cleared Whizz (new one) cage put him in with Zapp and they seemed ok just chased eachother in and out of the two houses. However! this afternoon got them out and they were ok at first then some squeaking and running around for a while and then Zapp started to chatter and then Whizz chattered back and they bumped noses and then Zapp went up on back legs and sort of shifted towards Whizz (new one) showing his teeth, now I dont' need to be an expert to realise that this is aggressive behavior. I had a comment earlier from a member who suggested that perhaps everytime I put them together it is like reintroducing them so should I bite the bullet and put them together or should I keep letting them run around and become use to eachother slowly it may be that I end up keeping them in separate cages and just mix them together for a run around. I would love a c&c cage but have a dog and cat and so keeping them caged is the best I think. I really do appreciate this forum and all your expertise thankyou.

Julesie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Now I'm no expert on this subject, but from what I have read other people posting on topics like this.

Unless they shed blood then it shouldn't be anything too bad, it could be just them fighting over dominance.

I'd recommend keeping an eye on both of them just in case it gets any more serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.