• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Paranormal Or Ghost Stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorothy Uranga

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey I haven't been here for a while and I'd like to open this general chat with something paranormal.

Let me start.

I had a poster on my sliding closet door hanging and everytime I opened it, it used to swing. One time, I was in my room doing nothing and suddenly, it began to swing like crazy and scared the hell out of me, so I ran away. It happened like five times and then I decided to remove that poster.

Do you even enjoy these kind of stories? Personally, I love to read or hear them.

I love to hear them.... But not experience them!
This morning I had a clothes hanger on the bedside table, then it flopped onto the carpet. I suppose it could've just be hanging unbalanced though. Hopefully!

I am attempting no explanation for this, but in one of our previous houses, strange smells would sometimes appear. For example, in the lounge, near the fireplace, there was sometimes a very sweet, floral scent, rather like pot pourri. It just appeared at random times, and was especially frequent when we first moved into the house. I never could work out what caused it.

One evening, there was an unmistakable odour of fried fish at the stop of the stairs - and nowhere else. We hadn't eaten any fish, also, I should point out that this was a detached house, so I don't think it was next door's cooking.

Sometimes there was also a sort of marmite-ish smell at the end of the bed (yes, I know - lovely!) which made me rather worried whether something needed cleaning, but when we moved house again, the smell did not follow the bed!

I felt very scared going to the bathroom at night in that house, and didn't like to go downstairs in the dark. The next place we lived in was both older and bigger, but I could happily wander round there in the dark without feeling at all bothered. We have now moved yet again, and I am very happy to say that there are no mysterious smells, nor do I experience any feelings of unreasoning terror!

That is my pennyworth on the subject!

Yeah, where we used to live before, when we first moved in there was a box in the hallway and I heard a bang and the box ended up just inside the kitchen door, no one moved it... we were told one of the previous tenants had passed away xD there was some weird stuff to do with my son's room as well, never bothered us though.

My son see's past pets as well plus he can see aura's and get a hot or cold feeling from some people, hot being something good and cold being something not so good. Mum read's palms and I'm not going to say what I can do because it's a bit hard to explain lol.

Paranormal/Ghost stories fascinate me. They're one of those things that I don't 100% believe in but sometimes things are just to odd not to be, also I do like to think there is something 'more' to life and death.

My only real experience was at a hotel I worked at which is reportedly haunted anyway. I was walking down the stairs from the kitchen to a bistro diner. I was happily swinging my arms about when my left arm became very cold and almost painful. I joked at the time that I must have punched a ghost. My colleague told me not to because it wasn't funny and that she would cry because she believed in ghosts. Anyhow when I got home my mum wanted to take a family photo as it was my dads birthday. In all 4 following photos I had an orb over or by my head. Nothing odd has ever happened in the house or too me since. But I always found it a bit of a strange coincidence!

Ooohh yeah flutterby is right! This is the thread for me!

I've seen a few things! I was laying in my front room once with my OH watching a film, and we have a glass door with like.. flecks in so you cant see through it clearly like you could a normal window or just a plain glass door, but you can see through it enough to make out shapes or figures whatever. Anyway we were laying watching this film and I saw someone walk past the door, my mum was asleep in bed up stairs so I though oh its just her, after a few minuets no lights came out so I thought whats she doing.. shes come down stairs and not turned any lights on, I thought it was a bit odd so I ask my OH if he'd seen anyone walk past and he said yes, so I knew I wasn't imagining it, anyway it then walked back the way it came towards the stairs so I thought oh it must have been mum. Carried on watching the film, about 5 minuets later it walked past again... so I got my OH to get up and go see what was going on because at this point i'd got a good look and it didn't seem like my mum.. I didn't hear any foot steps either and it walked slowish past the door.. so I got him to get up and look.. he came back and said there was no one in my backroom/kitchen... the direction of which it had walked in.. and there's no where else someone could have gone or been hiding, if they had some how got past my OH while he went to investigate I would have seen them come past the door again and I saw nothing come past again! It was really odd and I was a bit freaked out!
-I later found out that my dad had seen a woman in a dark dress before too that would stand on the stairs, so i'm guessing it was her, she's never hurt anyone just every now and again you see her.
-I was recording a video on my computer with my friend once and behind us was a bookcase with photos on and in the video you can see this one photo be laid down onto the bookcase... me and my friend were totally freaked out and went to bed straight away! we were only young haha, now it probably wouldn't bother me.

Also a few years ago I lived with my OH in a flat below a really old house (his dad's ex wife's house) she said that people had seen things, and so had she in the main part of the house, she actually wrote a book about the house and the things she'd seen and that. Anyway, we hadn't really experienced anything in the lower flat apart from occasionally waking up and having the feeling that someone was watching us which was quiet a horrible feeling, especially when you'd turn the lights on and no one would be there. After a few weeks there one night we closed the doors, it was all on one level and there was a door from the shower room to the bathroom and then a door separating the bathroom area and the kitchen and we had shut those (like we always did) then there was a door between the kitchen and the living area which we also shut, and then a door between the outside door and the living area which created a lobby area which another door went off into the bedroom. So all the doors were shut and we went to bed had a peaceful night...woke up the next morning went to get breakfast, and all the doors apart from the bedroom door was opened.... it really really freaked me out, that something was physically opening the doors and walking around at night. After that point the bathroom and kitchen doors would always open, sometimes you'd be sitting on the sofa and you'd hear the bathroom door click open, I never wanted to look as I was so scared of what I might see! Certain draws in the kitchen would be open too, it was just really weird. His mum now lives in that flat and says she experiences the same things too, and actually now she gets weird marks and scratches in places she cant explain!
I wouldn't wanna live there on my own to be honest! its really freaky! I'm not normally bothered by that stuff and I can sense or feel whether the spirit is good or bad, and I just had a really bad feeling about that place!

I get horrible feelings about certain places - my mum's old house had a horrible atmosphere in the lounge and I used to hate being alone there in the daytime. It was built in the 60s so not even that old, but there was definitely something wrong, especially compared to her 18th Century house now that feels warm and welcoming, even in the dark.

My most recent one was in a hotel in Hereford, where a few of us were staying in separate rooms during a uni reunion. I was up on the third floor and there was a really horrible feeling up there that something wasn't right. I did a bit of research when I got home and found out that the third floor was where lots of people have reported seeing the ghost of someone who was beheaded in the city centre outside in like 1800 or something - brrrrr!

Paranormal/Ghost stories fascinate me. They're one of those things that I don't 100% believe in but sometimes things are just to odd not to be, also I do like to think there is something 'more' to life and death.

My only real experience was at a hotel I worked at which is reportedly haunted anyway. I was walking down the stairs from the kitchen to a bistro diner. I was happily swinging my arms about when my left arm became very cold and almost painful. I joked at the time that I must have punched a ghost. My colleague told me not to because it wasn't funny and that she would cry because she believed in ghosts. Anyhow when I got home my mum wanted to take a family photo as it was my dads birthday. In all 4 following photos I had an orb over or by my head. Nothing odd has ever happened in the house or too me since. But I always found it a bit of a strange coincidence!

Woah I'd like to see that photo.

It was maybe five months ago when I decided to watch some photos and I saw an orb too.

I don't know, maybe it's the light or something... but I remember you can tell if it's an orb or what.

Also there's another photo of myself sitting in the table, eating breakfast very happy, where you can clearly see my reflection on the table like being crying. Very weird photo, I'll look for it.

It's really amazing how houses can keep energy that way. In my grandma's house I have always this spooky feeling, even in my dreams, every time I dream with this house there's a ghost (a woman with a white dress), and even my mom (who is very sceptical) is afraid of that place at night. My grandma told us once that before the dishes used to fall or like if someone was trying to hurt her, but it stopped (and I don't know how).

In our current house, when me and my sister were only little kids, our mom was making us sandwiches in the kitchen, all alone. Our stepfather was at work. One of us asked our mom who that man was that was getting ice out from the fridge. Our mom looked over and saw nothing. Creepy.

We always used to be watching tv inside of my moms room, the remote on the dresser, all of us on her bed contentedly watching. The TV would constantly turn off and on on its own accord. It kept on happening until my mom asked the person who was doing it to stop and leave us alone that he/she left and stopped doing so. That TV never had any problems and as soon as she asked, it stopped.

I remember we were staying in a hotel that looked like downton abbey :))
Anyway, we were just putting the suitcases in the room and the woman owning the hotel goes and says 'oh by the way some guests have seen sightings of ghosts in the house, and the garden' creeped me out a bit, especially knowing there aren't many guests in the house. :eek:

I don't know if I believe or not,Though it does fascinate me..
At our old flat one night there was a knocking sound coming from our side tables.. Our Labrador was acting very strange too as if something was scaring him too. No idea what it was as there was nothing to cause the knocking/tapping sound?! So the following day they went and it never happened again..
my husband said he was driving home once and he looked in his rear mirror and saw his mum briefly.
My nan has had a similar experience, she looked out her living room window and thought she saw my grandad in the front if her car.
My mum said when they lived in a flat in Brighton there was a green light floating about and their dog wouldn't go out in the hallway at the same time.
And finally my dad said he used a ouji board once and it told him what children he was going to have, and low and behold years later he had 3 sons and 1 daughter just like he was told.

Reactions: A&T
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back