Patch the bunny!

Piggies&buns

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Human has brought me indoors for some love and I am causing chaos - I’ve successfully shredded three newspapers (I’ve still got one more which I can get my paws on) and tried the destroy the carpet but I’ve just told her that I have hurt my hind leg/foot. It was fine yesterday and I don’t know how I’ve done it, perhaps its because I’m middle aged but I keep behaving like I’m still a baby! Anyway, she is letting me get away with naughtiness because she feels guilty because she is about to take me to the vet to get my leg checked and she knows I don’t like it there. The thing is though, even now with a sore leg, I am still running around like mad and binkying everywhere but I’m not putting much weight on it...perhaps she’ll give me a carrot treat later if I’m good and don’t pee on the vet!

Attachments

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Poor Patch I hope your leg is ok, bunnies are very bouncy and you should be careful! I hope you get a carrot, even if you do pee on the vet, my piggies always pee on the vet then she gives them a cuddle and tells them how well their kidneys are working :)

Piggies&buns

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just got back from the vet. Vet had a really good feel and has identified that it is his ankle which is hurt and that it is soft tissue rather than breaks. He has got loxicom for a week and will be on limited exercise for a little while. I am to take him back next week to be checked again. I have never in all my years of keeping rabbits had to medicate one (I have been very lucky to have not had any issues with any of them) so this should be fun....at least he is more substantial and is easier to keep a grip on than a guinea pig so I’m hoping that goes in my favour...

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
That's good news but how do you limit bunny bouncing? Also did he get a carrot, that's what my piggies want to know...

Piggies&buns

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yes, this is going to be the interesting thing! He normally has access to his run during daylight hours but I am going to have to just let him out for an hour or so each day and then lock him back in his hutch - he will not like it one bit and he is so used to coming out that he usually just gets out the second I open the door anyway. I am also going to have to remove his toys and platforms so that he can’t jump on top of them until he is feeling better. I am sure we will manage!
He didn’t wee on the vet, he pooped on the table instead!
Tell your piggies that he got his carrot and that is the only reason he is still talking to me!

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Patch I am glad your leg is not seriously injured.
My piggies think that pooing on the vet’s table is perfectly acceptable behaviour.
Be a good bunny, rest and take your medicine so you can get back to binkying and enjoying yourself

Piggies&buns

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Patchy boy is off to the vet again tonight. I am pleased to report that he seems to be bearing weight on that leg again, so I am hoping that the vet agrees and he is recovered. He won’t be so pleased though as that means no more loxicom which he absolutely loves!

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Good luck at the vet Patch bunny! Try to ease off the bouncing a bit until that leg is strong again x