• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Pellet storage?

bonnieandpoppy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hi everyone, just looking for suggestions on where to store pellets apart from the bag they came in. thanks x

That’s a good point @piggieminder I’d also heard that the VitC can deteriorate after opening a bag, so it’s good to only get a bag that can last a month or so?
uh oh! i buy wagg guinea pig crunch in 2kg bags which lasts 6months+ with two pigs! there’s no smaller bags available

As long as you store it in an air tight container in the dark and use them within the use by date they should be fine.

Hey, I store mine I’m the shed, but if you are thinking of removing them from the bag, ikea plastic bags are always a big hit. In each bag you could measure the daily pellet feed and give the whole plastic bag. :)

No problems my bag lasts probably longer than it should too😶😀 I also didn't know about the vitamin C thing either😂 oops! Will bear that in mind from now on😀
yes, mine last wayyyyyy longer then their supposed to but i will try some of the suggestions here

Back