• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

pellets/ nuggets

missyjess

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just wanted to know your preference on pellets and what are the best ones for there health and where you get them from. my piggies are currently on Bugess Excel.
If you stop giving pellets does their veggies have to increase or change in any way?
thanks a lot xx

@missyjess It depends on what your piggies prefer. Some of mine like Harringtons best and the others the blackcurrant Burgess.

There are grainless ones but most people only use them if their pigs have calcium issues.

If you stop feeding pellets you don't need to increase veg, just make sure they still have a good selection for vitamin C. And be prepared for some weight loss as nuggets can be quite fattening.

I personally use grain free pellets as it’s more natural and will be easier to digest. I stick to grain free for all my animals as it’s beneficial to their over all health and body condition :) I also try and steer towards pellets with less calcium. I’m currently using a mix of JR grainless, Versele Laga and Rosewood Naturals :)

Back