• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stargate

Hi, does any one feed a pellet to their pigs, someone told me it was very good but I can't seem to find a supplier. It's like the rabbit pellets only made for pigs and comes from Framlingham in Suffolk but that's all I know. Can anyone help.

I've never heard of the Charnwood Pellets, but have been using Oxbow Cavy Cuisine for over a year now. All my piggies all love it. It's based on Timothy Hay rather than Alfalfa and I changed after having problems with bladder stones. It is also lower in protein than most piggy foods (14%) and has the correct Calcium : Phosphorous ratio which is really important for piggies where there are bladder stone issues.

It is available from SPH Supplies, and if you mention Reading Guinea Pig Rescue when ordering, they recieve a small donation :) http://www.sphsupplies.co.uk//product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=274

Chrissie & 11 Gorgeous Guineas

I feed my guinea pigs pellets from PAH, but after reading the other replies i might try and find oxbow cavy cuisine because now i am worried about bladder stones!

I'm sure it's only alfalfa hay pellets that can be linked to bladder stones, I'm sure PAH pellets are fine in that respect. :)

Just looked and it contains wheat grass and no alfafa, so I'm sure it will be okay, especially since i just bought a HUGE bag! also it says it had 0.8% calcium was wondering if anyone knew if that was fine or bad or good, I'm not sure? :-S

Thanks everyone, I've got a sack of the Charnwood pellets now on order, thankfully I've got a very good supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back