Penpals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary

Reaction score
My daughter wants a penpal but wants one from a different country. We are in the Uk, she is ten years old. Has anyone got any ideas on how to go about this as she has been trying to find one on the internet. I am worried about that she might end up wrighting to some one who isnt who they are?! Any ideas please!

Mary

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
I remember you use to be able to find a penfriend through the post office? - This is going back years though!

D

Darky

The problem with the internet is that it's extremely difficult to prove anyone's identity. D: So it really depends on the age of your daughter as to whether or not this is a good idea.

When I was in primary school, we were given Romanian penpals which was really nice. ^^;

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We only had British ones.

Does she have a country she wants them to be from? You could then find out if there was anyone near you or on a forum you use from that country who might be able to recommend someone.

Barmy4boars

Reaction score
There used to be a penpal club run by royal mail called hola. It was veryy good you could choose the age, sex and nationality of your penpal and they get you one. They also set magazines etc about different countries and pen pal stuff... hope its still on the go as it may be just the job

Status
Not open for further replies.