Persian kittens today updated with pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

snugglypig

Hi guys.

My Persian Queen, Oscarbara Bursting the Bubble.

Had her first litter of kitties today. After a bit of a worrying start.
due to the fact that it was my first day in 8 days of having to leave the house to take one of the kids for a hospital appointment and she wasn't due till Sat. so thought I was safe leaving her. (she had other plans)

Came home before picking up kids from school, to the noise of kittens squealling and coming from under the kitchen work top.
Took the cupboard plinth off to find 3 big kitties all still attached to their placenta's and one still in its sack all wet and cold.
really thought they weren't going to make it. the one in the sack not breathing, did mouth to mouth and rubbed loads after a couple of minutes it came round :) sorted out placenta's.
Hot water bottle, put mum in carry cage and she started again,
Number 4, Breech but fine.

No sooner she had finished she scooped the other 3 towards her and hasn't looked back, Purring like a train.
they are all feeding

will post some piccies in a few days when she is less protective of them :)

Karen

Here goes piccies taken today not the best but did them quick whilst weighing them

Red and white

Black and white the one I got breathing again

2nd black and white Has a white strip on its back, but cant see in that piccie

the small all black one

Group hug black one is there somewhere

This is mum in her makeshift home

will post more when eyes are open

thanks karen

L

lizz79

Re: Persian kittens today

CONGRATULATIONS.... thats fantastic, cant wait to see pics.... :)

S

snugglypig

my last queen lost her babies :'( :'(
So I am so excited. will post piccies soon

very early days as Persians can have problems with breathing. Mine don't have the real flat faces so hope all will be fine

she is being the best mum ever

thanks

Karen

Reaction score

Congratulations Karen :D :-*

H

hils78

You have to call the one that you saved 'Jesus'!
When i was a kid my mum bred canaries and on Easter morning I found a newly hatched chick cold on the floor of the cage. So I put in into my cupped hands & blew warm air into them & she came to life. The canary had to be called Jesus even though it turned out to be female. Resurrected from the dead!

Reaction score

hils78 said:
You have to call the one that you saved 'Jesus'!
When i was a kid my mum bred canaries and on Easter morning I found a newly hatched chick cold on the floor of the cage. So I put in into my cupped hands & blew warm air into them & she came to life. The canary had to be called Jesus even though it turned out to be female. Resurrected from the dead!
hubby saved a koi by blowing in its mouth and swishing it in the water its still in our pond 10 years later and I saved violet my rex female piggy she was born in the sac and mum at first rejected her but after some gentle persuasion she took to her, mum was shocked as she was so big for her first baby, we are a clever lot are'nt we lol

S

snugglypig

Kitties are a week old tomorrow and growing so fast

all now weigh between 5.5oz and 6.5oz real little guzlers and mum is eating me out of house and home
will post more picces when I get back from my mums

karen

S

snugglypig

Re: Persian kittens today updated with pictures updated

Just to keep those who love cats updated on my babies

all 4 are still doing real well the biggest the red and white now weighs 10.5 oz and the other 9.5 to 10oz so huge

will put more photo's on tomorrow

I have 3 boys and 1 little girl and all have bright wide eyes

karen

Status
Not open for further replies.