Peruvian Guinea Pigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kitty

Hi and help

I have been searching for a Peruvian Guinea Pig - does anyone have any ideas? I've got a lonely little piggy who has been on her own for a couple of months follwoing the death of her best friend and i really would like another long haired pig though, if anyone has any baby ?, company for her is more important than a certain type.

Barmy4boars

Reaction score
Hi Kitty, so sorry to hear of your sad loss. Where abouts are you based? If you are in the uk you could try www.guineapigrehome.org.uk or contact rescues. This month seems to be baby boom time. Even if they don't have the pig you are looking for thet may be able to direct you to a reputable breeder who does. You might also think about rehoming a slightly older piggy, which may help you with your search as well as being something lovely to do for the pig. Usually sows accept each other at any age (though I am told there are exceptions). I have just started looking for a long haired boar and its not easy! Good luck

Deb

Reaction score
Hi Kitty

Welcome to the forum. :)

Sorry to read about the loss of one of your pigs. If you would like to let us know where about you are in the UK between us all we may be able to help you locate a long haired piggie as a companion for your lonely piggie.

Have you considered a neutered boar for her too ? there are quite a few in rescues around. Its something to consider aswell. :)

Wishing you all the best

Deb x

C

cutecavy

Hiya Kitty,

Aww I'm really sorry for your loss, I hope you and your piggy are okay. I'm not sure where you are located but have you looked at this rescue http://bobtailsrescue.org.uk/ It usually has quite a few long-haired sows and definitely a lot of neutered boars. Hope it helps, and I hope you find a piggy soon! ;)

Livie x

Status
Not open for further replies.