• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Picked up Mum's ashes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
I'll explain this......

Mum passed away on 1/3/2008, but she donated her body to the University Of Melbourne. We got a letter a couple of weeks ago to say Mum had been cremated and her ashes ready to pick up.
Dad and I went on Thursday, the people at the funeral home were lovely, her ashes came in a lovely navy blue box.
I was surprised to learn tho that she'd been cremated late last year 10th December, unfortunately the date is the same as one of her sisters, i'll not be telling her this tho :{
So finally Mum is back, Dad has sprinkled some of her ashes at the Netball courts like she asked and then we'll be sprinkling most of them up at Broadford where her memorial garden is.
When i got home from collecting them tho i went into shut down mode again, it bought back all the pain....... it never really goes away does it :(

best wishes 'the pain never really goes away' this may have some truth then then again you may not be able to see your mum but she is still there in your heart in your mind and in your memories cherish them I'm sure thats what she would want (hugs and kisses from gizmo rocky and piglet)

hey just think all your old pets will be looking after her and playing with her @ Rainbow bridge :)

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Glad you have her ashes back now. It must be so hard to cope :( MASSIVE HUGS XXXXXX

Lordy Glynis....that is such a long time to get closure..Big hugs

..I absolutely love your mum's wishes.....what a gal...:a19:....but just so sorry it has dragged out for you this long. Hun

And no - it never goes away......

...and shut down mode is AOk Hun

(so please stop being hard on yourself.......... from one who knows ;) )

BIG HUGS HUN

Thanks Love xx>>>

We did know it would be up to 3 years.......but you think oh right and you'll be able to handle it.
My Dad also wants to do this :{

Sending you love and hugs, my mum died in 2003 and you are right the pain never goes but it does get easier or maybe its just that as time moves on its easier to deal with. Thinking of you .xx

I haven't lost a parent but I lost my grandad aged 13 to a sudden illness. It was very tough for me cos I didn't have anyone to talk to. I felt guilty that I still cried for him 6 months after his death (everynight). I wish I'd had grief councelling, looking back, but that wasn't on the cards. It still hurts but the pain does ease. I just remember him fondly now and always spare a thought on 13th Sept, anniversary of his premature departure. It was a Friday and the English teacher had said in the morning: 'right we're starting our new books today, let's see if this Fri 13th will bring you luck or bad luck'. These words are engraved in my memory forever...
Anyway, just thought I'd share this with you and say, no it never really goes away but it becomes more bearable.

My grandad passed away on the 8th March 1993 and it shook me up so badly, I'd just turned 14 and as far as I was concerned I'd lost my best friend, even now I miss him so so much.
Everytime I see daffodils (his favourite flower) I feel happy & sad at the same time.
Tangerines - as he could only eats these shortly before he died, mixed nuts - he loved these at xmas.
Every year I bet on the Grand national as he was a big race horse fan and the national was he favourite.
I was messed up for ages until someone said to me "when someone you love becomes a memory, memories become treasures".
I live by that now x

You must be so sad Glynis, at least now your mum is at rest where she wants to be and hopefully now you will have somewhere to visit. Take care of yourself. xxxxx

Aw Glyins, my heart really goes out to you and your family, but at least your mum is home now with you all.

I have lost a lot of loved ones the last couple of years, and only today i attended a funeral of a lovely lovely old family friend :0 but time is definately a healer.

What a great thing your mum did too, donating her body.....much respect -c

x>>x>>x>>

BIG HUG

It must have brought everything back up again, even though you know that she is now at rest forever.

Hi Glynis, I lost my Mum not long after you, and it is a hard thing to live with, but it does get easier, and eventually it becomes normal that that's the way things are.

Be happy that like me, you still have your lovely Dad.

Count your blessings, not your sorrows :)

Sending you love and hugs, my mum died in 2003 and you are right the pain never goes but it does get easier or maybe its just that as time moves on its easier to deal with. Thinking of you .xx

HUGS for you too love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yes maybe it is that time moves on...............
Still miss her heaps tho :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back