• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Piggie Palace

Darcey15

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello there- well after a rather busy period, losing one piggie, gaining a baby piggie and bonding activities the pigs are soon upping sticks and moving into a brand new piggie palace.

The room they normally use during winter is soon to be demolished (we are having an extension built) and so, I have been working on creating them a new home.

The piggie palace is in the form of a new shed (palace sounds better!) which has now been built and I've spent the last few days lining it with insulation. Still some work to do but I'm thinking ahead to the play pen bit & how I can make the best use of the space (the height especially).

I currently have a frosted glass pen (see pic) which they are in temporarily but I've ordered the wire one also as I'd like to have 1 or 2 levels.

I'd really welcome any creative ideas on good ways to arrange them & access to upper levels. I have only used the frosted panels in an upright way so wasn't sure if they are ok to be used as a platform...has anyone else used these for the same purpose?

If it's roomy enough, which it should be, I am very likely going to increase the piggie numbers but 1st things 1st :)

Attachments

• 20190121_185711.jpg
    20190121_185711.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 32
Oh, it’s very exciting for you. have you looked on Pinterest there seems to be lots of piggies house layouts on there. Good luck, we will all love to see photos of the results x

No I haven't but I will do now (thanks!)...it's not been without incident though. I managed to glue my head to the shed ceiling yesterday! Extra strong spray glue isn't kind to hair.....it was even funnier as we were reading the Twits the night before where they glue Mr & Mrs Twit to the floor ha ha...

I will post pics once it's complete :)

Ok so piggie palace pretty much complete so I thought I'd share some pics! The boys are all settled in to their new home and seem to be enjoying the set-up. It's got 2 floors and the whole shed has been insulated, including the floor. It's got a window which can be open in summer & a draught excluder on the door (my husband thinks that was a step too far 😂). I put lino on the floor & have found it so much easier to clean out. During the day they are outside in the run but at night they come inside. I've bought a tube thingy which I'll connect between the shed & the run so they can come and go as they please so I'll report on that once I've connected it all up.
The boys have been together now less than 2 months & even though Gregory (the little one) is still trying desperately to become top banana, he hasn't managed it but Domino is letting him sleep with him in the big box...they are always together when I go in in the morning so its all good.

Thanks for all the tips & pointers on the cage...it took some thinking about & I can extend the 2nd floor at some point but they've got loads of room & seem happy for now!

Attachments

• 20190223_184533.jpg
    20190223_184533.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20190223_184604.jpg
    20190223_184604.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 20190223_184730.jpg
    20190223_184730.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20190211_150244.jpg
    20190211_150244.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 20
Oh, that fabulous, I bet they are having the time of their life’s in there x

I hope so. Can't wait to get the tube all set up- it will be hilarious hearing them go through it. It took a few days for either of them to venture upstairs to be honest...not sure they realised what the ramp was so I gave them a helping hand and popped them up there..thankfully the ramp is v sturdy as Domino is a heavy chap 😂

Back