• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Piggie With A Hard Belly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you weigh her in a cozy? Then weigh the cozy after and deduct it.

How is she today? Is she pooing?
She is doing really well, I took her to the vets again this morning for some more painkillers, antibiotics and gut stimulant which she wasn't too happy with but it's what is best for her. She is going back to the vets again tomorrow for more painkillers etc. I think she is pooing, it is hard to tell because there are two other Guinea Pigs in with her. I will try weighing her tonight if I can, but I don't want to stress her out unnessarily.

How is Honey today? Brilliant news that she is starting to eat and drink for herself.
She seems almost back to normal this morning. Last night she wouldn't move from her shelter, the only way she would eat is if I brought the food to her. This morning though as soon as she heard the russle of the hay bag she ran straight up to the cage bars :)

Just another update for everyone, Honey is still doing really well and improving every day :) took her to the vets yesterday morning for more painkillers and antibiotics and the vet said he is really pleased with how well she has gotten through everything. He said she is about 90% there and should be back to normal by Monday. She has another check up next Friday but the vet said that should be the last one :) yay! The vet nurse told me that Honey was under anaesthetic for 80 minutes! She has done so well bless her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back