• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Piggies gone mad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jane28

Well not exactly mad but i have had to use my stern voice a lot lately.. rolleyes

Scarey has always been the vocal one with her two kids... Always chattering and being annoyed when they run around, or invade her house...:))
but lately Bigbum and Squeaky (male and female)have been doing the holding head higher than the other thing and Bigbum has been rumbling ALOT (then again Bigbum rumbles like i breathe so maybe not too different!)...
It seems to have calmed down now but for a couple of days there were alot of high pitched chattering etc...

Bit of contention in the ranks it seems! Other hand i told them to stop it and they did! Well trained piggies!:))

Is it normal for them to have occasions when they try and sort out the ranks? I've heard it between males but never males and females?

In my experience sows are just as keen to establish a pecking order, I have six sows living with a neutered boar and the oldest two sows have nose offs just like boars do

mine do it al the time.but then again i am always adding and removing guineas so the heard is changing all the time

My sows never really argue and they dont seem to have a pecking order if that make sence ,lol it one for all kind of thing .

we have four girls in with a boar, but we find the mum and daughters will often have a little scuffle and i do shout at them, as it sounds horrible like someone is in pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back