Piggy Haynets

Status
Not open for further replies.

king_ralph_sol

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Just wanted to share my new piggy purchase with you, as I thought it was a brilliant idea!

So my mum was shopping for her horse food today and in the horse shop she came across these teeny haynets! Look how great they look :)

image.jpg

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
They are a nice idea, but i'd be so scared of the pigs getting caught in them :(

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
I'd just worry they they would try to get in it (pigs will go anywhere for food!) so could get their heads stuck. You'd be amazed where they can get stuck!

Chief Guinea Pig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, it's a lovely idea, and I bet they really love using it! :) I too would be slightly concerned if they got their heads stuck in it, as with it being net it's fine and could act as a 'noose' so to speak. You can keep an eye on it, but I'm just politely mentioning about what could, not will, but could happen. :) I noticed you have a loofah chew in your other cage, I had one of these and my girls unfortunately got their body/head stuck in it, but you can adapt this so you cut the ring bit in half and have it scattered in the cage. :) @HansPiggies did this and I'm sure they'd happily show you how they did it. As I say it is a very sweet idea :D

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
I used to have horses, seen enough of those get stuck in haynets! It's a shame too, as they really do a fantastic job hay wise and look really smart!

king_ralph_sol

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh no! Thanks for the info, I will do that. They're not too interested in it anyway they just sort of sniff it occasionally. And what do you reckon if I cut the some of the string so the holes were bigger?
Hi, it's a lovely idea, and I bet they really love using it! :) I too would be slightly concerned if they got their heads stuck in it, as with it being net it's fine and could act as a 'noose' so to speak. You can keep an eye on it, but I'm just politely mentioning about what could, not will, but could happen. :) I noticed you have a loofah chew in your other cage, I had one of these and my girls unfortunately got their body/head stuck in it, but you can adapt this so you cut the ring bit in half and have it scattered in the cage. :) @HansPiggies did this and I'm sure they'd happily show you how they did it. As I say it is a very sweet idea :D

Chief Guinea Pig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh no! Thanks for the info, I will do that. They're not too interested in it anyway they just sort of sniff it occasionally. And what do you reckon if I cut the some of the string so the holes were bigger?
Haha I have noticed many members have said piggies aren't interested in the loofahs :xd: Yes I think cutting it is a good idea, just like hay bags it's an art to get it the correct size lol!

HansPiggies

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yeah I just cut though the ring so that it would open if they tried to poke their head through! :)

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Cutting is a good idea, but just be wary that it could make the whole haynet unravel, you'll have to make sure the ends are tied so it doesn't fall apart :)

biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
same as others - i'd be worried they'd get stuck in it, or eat the material which would not be good :(

i don't use any type of hay rack either. they seem dangerous to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.