• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Pink urine from dot

If it turns out interstitial cystitis (IC), which can only be diagnosed by default, you might find our special diet recommendations helpful. Once week on cystease is not very long.
Long Term Balanced General And Special Needs Guinea Pig Diets

It would be great if you please kept all of Dot's updates to one thread, so we can look up what has already been done and said, and give you better advice.
You can set your own notifications by clicking 'watch' at the start of each thread.
PS: If you have already got an appointment this week, take Dot for a quick check up, too.

I’ve had much the same with Zip. X rays show no sludge or stones. The only veg I now give are a piece of pepper, a chunk of celery and cucumber with occasional slice of spring greens. Filtered water only and grain less pellets. Her hay intake as increased and her weight is maintained. Good luck with Dot! Is she on any pain relief? X
Yea loxicom since july. 0.25 twice daily

If it turns out interstitial cystitis (IC), which can only be diagnosed by default, you might find our special diet recommendations helpful. Once week on cystease is not very long.
Long Term Balanced General And Special Needs Guinea Pig Diets

It would be great if you please kept all of Dot's updates to one thread, so we can look up what has already been done and said, and give you better advice.
You can set your own notifications by clicking 'watch' at the start of each thread.
PS: If you have already got an appointment this week, take Dot for a quick check up, too.
Thanks. Yea sorry ive realised ive been making too many threads. Il stick with this one now.

Thanks for everyones input. I'm at work at the moment. But il have a better read through later. Il call vets and ask if dot can come too.

I’ve had much the same with Zip. X rays show no sludge or stones. The only veg I now give are a piece of pepper, a chunk of celery and cucumber with occasional slice of spring greens. Filtered water only and grain less pellets. Her hay intake as increased and her weight is maintained. Good luck with Dot! Is she on any pain relief? X
I pretty much am feeding dot the same veg as you. But lettuce aswell. romaine, mixed leaf = frisee, lambs lettuce, raddichio

Phone vets and ask if Dot can be added to the appt you already have for Friday morning. You may as well get her checked if you're there.
Thanks debbie for this. Shes in on friday aswell. They had to shift my appointment back half hour. But its worked out better for me dropping the wife off to work. Il be less rushed. I can breathe again now.

I'm in wales in the sticks. Had to find a hill to get a signal

On friday at the vets, should i mention that i think she may have cystitis?

I have noticed ssomething very good with dot. I have been away for 1 night and havnt seen the pigs in a day and a half. My wife was scared to do dots loxicom so i said leave it . I have just noticed that she seems much brighter, like much much more active on floor time and in cage. Coincidence maybe?

I have noticed ssomething very good with dot. I have been away for 1 night and havnt seen the pigs in a day and a half. My wife was scared to do dots loxicom so i said leave it . I have just noticed that she seems much brighter, like much much more active on floor time and in cage. Coincidence maybe?
Loxicom might well affect kidney function if given long term, we were advised with Clover's leg that it was really up to us- long term daily pain relief or long term kidney damage. So glad she's fine without it. Definitely worth mentioning both the improvement without loxicom, and the potential diagnosis ideas, to the vet. Pet owners (awful term, but slaves might make a vet look st you weird!) usually know their pets best and a good vet should always take on board an informed owner's suggestions.
Good luck with all your piggy health things! X

Loxicom might well affect kidney function if given long term, we were advised with Clover's leg that it was really up to us- long term daily pain relief or long term kidney damage. So glad she's fine without it. Definitely worth mentioning both the improvement without loxicom, and the potential diagnosis ideas, to the vet. Pet owners (awful term, but slaves might make a vet look st you weird!) usually know their pets best and a good vet should always take on board an informed owner's suggestions.
Good luck with all your piggy health things! X
I was told by my vet that loxicom or metacam
Just difeerent brand names. Has had no long term affect on guinea pigs

Back