Planes - the news story

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashmincal

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm just glad that they intercepted the situation! I'm really shocking about what happens in this world :(. I just feel for the people stuck at the Airports at the moment, but glad that the security has been stepped up.

I hope you can talk about News here?

Reaction score
Yeah... must have been scary for those arriving at an airport, not knowing what was going on to see all the police about, people outside and strict checks. I know I would be very nervous!

It is great its been intercepted... because if it was liquids in a bottle they just wouldn't have been picked up- I'm sure most of us take a drink on a plane. And it sounds like mobiles might have been rigged up as detinators somehow.

I always thought it was odd, last time they stepped up security, that you couldn't take a nail file in your handluggage incase it was to be used as a weapon but you could take glass bottles from the duty free. A smashed bottle is like a knife!

Got caught up in it to a lesser extend when I went shopping today, train was delayed and their were police everywhere!

Reaction score
I am getting so scared I am going on plane for the first time in march and am really nervous, but it is great they got them before and they were born here cheek of it all, what ever happened to GREAT BRITAIN 'I am proud to be English and dont care who knows about it, about time some new laws were brought in to discourgae idiots like this,

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm off to Prague next Thurs, not looking foward to getting there, but glad of extra security. Not happy about putting phone and camera in suitcase - but of course will go along with whatever the airport security want.

Its also a shame I cant take any food as chances of finding vegan food in airports is rather slim!

Alison

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
alisont said:
Its also a shame I cant take any food as chances of finding vegan food in airports is rather slim!

Alison

That is true. How long is your flight?

My sister is in America at the minute doing Camp America however she flies back on 12th September! My dad is off to Croatia on Tuesday. And there is me not flying anywhere :(

Glad that the plot got foiled. This world can be a cruel and evil place. >:(

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
One of my favourite anaesthetists is supposed to be flying from Gatwick to Italy today.

J

Joeychan

Glad it got foiled, apparently it is the 4th foil since 7/7. I fear its just a matter of time before we miss one. :'(

Reaction score
All this scares me about ever going on a plane! I have to take needles and all sorts of medication with me - so god knows what it will be like if I ever have to go on one!

Reaction score
Joeychan said:
Glad it got foiled, apparently it is the 4th foil since 7/7. I fear its just a matter of time before we miss one. :'(
gulp thanks you make me feel soooo much better NOT, I am seriously thinking of cancelling our flight to Barbados to meet the cruise ship in march next year maybe a canel trip would be safer lol,

I feel so sorry for mums having to taste babys bottle have you ever tried babys milk, it is gross and think about expressed breast milk, ?

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
michellemuffin said:
I feel so sorry for mums having to taste babys bottle have you ever tried babys milk, it is gross and think about expressed breast milk, ?
I said the same thing when I heard Michelle - If I had expressed breast milk for my child, I wouldn't want to try some of it - Yuck! - If you told them though you woudn't drink it, they would think there is something wrong with it!

J

Joeychan

michellemuffin said:
Joeychan said:
gulp thanks you make me feel soooo much better NOT, I am seriously thinking of cancelling our flight to Barbados to meet the cruise ship in march next year maybe a canel trip would be safer lol,

Sorry about that. :-[

D

DebbieR

It is so scary. And what a time to do it as well, in the summer holidays. Think how many kids would have been on those planes. These people are just pure evil. No religion in the world would condone this behaviour. Religions are all different but there is one common demoninator. They all tell you to be nice to each other. This is nothing to do with religion. It's just pure evil.
Don't worry though, knowing this government, all the people arrested will be given council houses and all the benefits they can eat by the end of the month. >:(

C

cutecavy

I am so glad it was intercepted, and that nothing happened.

Flying on planes is a huge fear for me, I hate it. I can cope with it but I just get really nervous lol. But now it's going to be even harder! :(

Some people.. >:(

Livie x

cashmincal

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've never even flown; but I'm not getting to let this scare me from flying, I won't let that happen.

This world though does shock me at times :'(

Clare

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm not looking foward to the flying side of my break next Thurs, will be a stressful time in parts I'm sure. But il just get on with it as I'm not planning on missing my hols :) the flights 4 hours to prague in total, going via Germany change flights there so chance to try and find vegan food there - I'm sure il find fruit there!

I'm just one of those people who eats every few hours if i go all day i shall go all 'sinky' and feel sick for several hours :( I always take my own food - much easier when vegan!

I'm very worried about my camera going in my case and my mobile due to security/theft, also will the x ray harm the camera or wipe the card?

Alison

Reaction score
Feeling for you Alison we tried to get something in an airport last time we flew and couldn't ven get vegetarian! I wrote them a letter of disgust but didn't get a reply. Hope you have better luck. Also hope your camera and phone are ok. Adams sister has just arrived back today from Spain will ask her about her camera & phone. Not a great situation... but anything to be safe!

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Its looking like you can now buy food/drink/magazines'/books once thru security, so i can prob find some fruit at the boots there and some dried fruit or seeds to keep me going! no chance of a sarnie though I'm sure! Must be annoying for families as airport shops are so expensive. I could never find more than a soggy cheese butty as a veggie!

I'm still planning to take my soya milk and coolbag in my case (just not near the digital camera!) I'm hoping thats ok?

Alison

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yes they just dont cater well for special diets, the times i ordered vegetarian and you get a meat meal you cant eat, or a soggy quiche :-\ vegans even worse. My one friend I'm going with cant eat wheat/gluten and yeast, and all 3 of us are vegan.

I never bother ordering food always take my own - very glad its a short flight!

Alison :)

Status
Not open for further replies.