Playing or Fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaya

Reaction score
HI All,

I have recently become the mummy of 2 female guinea pigs, itsy and bitsy, I got the 2 because they were housed together in the pet shop, although I don't think they are sisters as one is bigger than the other, my question is, that they are really affectionate together, they always huddle together in theire igloo, but then they start letting out shrieks and running about, I'm not sure if they are playing or fighting, I have never seen 1 bite the other, and they always seem to eat happily together, any advice would be great.

K

Pippa9701

Reaction score
You probably have nothing to worry about, if there's no signs of fighting, they are more than likely just have a play about.
It could also be when one of them is in season every 16-18 days and is trying to show her other cagemate this and obviously the cagemate doesn't want this attention, she will run away and make squeaking noises to warn her off.

Do you ever hear rumbling coming from one of them?

It could also be that they are happy and popcorning around their cage

Kaya

Reaction score
They do rumble, and itsy, the smaller of the 2 does sway her hips about, I believe that is also a sign of being in season.

Status
Not open for further replies.