• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Please Help ! ❤️✨ Atlanta Ga residents

Queentrapsouls

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi so I got a guinea pig from a pet shop, she’s my sweet baby laiyla and she turned out to be Pregos with 3 babies. 2 girls and one boy, the bay boy is about 4 weeks old now and I’m so sad I have to separate him does anyone on this platform have male Guinean pigs who can take him in ? Please I don’t want to give him to anyone who doesn’t have guinea pigs or the pet shop :( I’m so sad I don’t want to separate him from his mom and sisters and he cries so bad when I even take him or her away for a second from each other. He acts like a baby still, drinks from her and does not mount her at all My living situation restricts a bigger cage please help

Please do keep him separate. He should be separate from 3 weeks and the crying will calm down somewhat. Are you able to separate with grids so he still has the option to communicate through bars? If you are able to find a good vet a longer term option would be to have him neutered and after 6 weeks (to get rid of all live fires) he would be safe to go back with the girls

Hi and welcome

Please separate your little boy ASAP - boars start making babies from 3-5 weeks of age and girls from 4-6 weeks. Sows come into season within hours of giving birth. If you are very unlucky, you may already have a new batch of babies on the way.
here is our guide with advice on when to separate and what to do: https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/sexing-separating-baby-boars-and-rehoming-babies.109391/

Unfortunately for you, the majority of our member is UK based.

You may hopefully be able to find a good home via this facebook group here? It is the most local to you that I know of. I am not sure whether the rescue is going again after closing for a while but they may at least have the local knowledge that we lack: Atlanta Metro Guinea Pig Rescue

Back