• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Please send positive vibes for Gizmo tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to hear that he's officially stone free. Fingers crossed you can find a way of relieving his pain, whatever is causing it.

Did you ever try Cystease? Sorry, I can't remember - I know this has been going on for a long time now x

Yes he is on cystease and has been for a while now, it did seem to be helping him, but then it came on quite bad recently.

Its been 6 months since the first squeak started and has been on and off since then, abit of a pain but hopefully its the arthritis that is causing his trouble and not the small amount of sludge. I hope the metacam works, he loves it which is a bonus! Maybe he was trying to tell me he need more as he would wolf it down and look for more. :)

Thats great news hun.
Well done boys for staying at that dreaded place so long.

Treats always work dont they :)) x

hope he gets better soon x oh and try the glass water bottles they tend to drink gallons more when using these x

Worrying over, waiting over and the boys only spent 2 hours at the vets!

NO STONES! I am so relived. But the xray did show that his arthritis is advancing so the vet wants me to up the dose of Metacam to 2 drops twice a day for a week and then see how he gets on, if no improvement we will be trying a new medication. He also said there was a small amount of sludge and to continue to increase his water intake and did suggest fruit juice if he wont take much water, but I'm not sure on that one and i will stick to the water. He also said his bladder felt thickened.

When i picked them up Gizmo wouldnt speak to me and turned his back to me, but as soon as we pulled up onto the drive he wheeked! Joey still hasn't forgiven me, even though he didnt have anything done. They are both out now munching on some readigrass.

Thank you everyone for the wishes and support.

hope he gets better soon x oh and try the glass water bottles they tend to drink gallons more when using these x

You must have read my mind, as i was just talking about the glass water bottles. Shall get one tomorrow from p@h as thats the only place i know that stock them.

:)

Sorry Sam only just seen this :red
I'm glad there were no stones & hope that Gizmo improves soon xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back