please someone report them! ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveGilbertTheGuineaPig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
have you guys seen the thread called "lesbian roommates"? because i clicked it thinking it would be a story someone had to share...nope...very inappropriate pictures, and guess what? I'm IN THE LIVING ROOM and my parents almost saw it. before anyone else has to go through that, i just wanted to warn you all. and i would report them but i don't want to click it again...really don't want to see those pics....thanks xxxxxx

MrsWilsoncroft

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I did the same hun, I opened up the thread thinking it was going to be about one of our members living with someone etc.
I couldnt believe the photos, absolutely vile.
This happened the other week but no admins are ever online this late at night so it was here all night and morning.

I can cope with the photos and just laugh it off but feel sorry for some people, like yourself whos parents could of seen it. And we have alot of young kids on here too which it is really unfair to x

ILoveGilbertTheGuineaPig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
yah....i'm 14, i think that could be considered 'young kid'..i was really disgusted seeing it ESPECIALLY since my dad is right behind me and my mom just walked by. really threw me off...right after that happened i didn't know what to do because i wanted to report them but i didn't want to click it again...anyways it's good to know that i have someone to talk to because i wanted to tell people through the chat, but since it got taken off i couldn't....sorry! rant over! I'm not really bothering with my spelling, so sorry bout that.

Fudge and Rainbow :)

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
yah....i'm 14, i think that could be considered 'young kid'..i was really disgusted seeing it ESPECIALLY since my dad is right behind me and my mom just walked by. really threw me off...right after that happened i didn't know what to do because i wanted to report them but i didn't want to click it again...anyways it's good to know that i have someone to talk to because i wanted to tell people through the chat, but since it got taken off i couldn't....sorry! rant over! I'm not really bothering with my spelling, so sorry bout that.

i'm 14 too and made the same mistake as you. I feel sick :)>>>

ILoveGilbertTheGuineaPig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i wish someone had warned me... I am no longer opening up threads that sound suspicious unless someone I trust tells me about it.

Reaction score
Blerghblerghblerghh

Now some childish twit is spamming the forum with an indecent name which I am NOT even going to click on. Thankfully I read this before clicking on the other. mallethead

flintstones

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
Just don't click on members you don't know. I don't know why but the Spammers really like the forum by the looks of things :x.

ILoveGilbertTheGuineaPig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Also, you could put your mouse over the title of the thread and a little bit of the post comes up. If the info that comes up is inappropriate don't click it and if it's just normal chit chat, then go ahead.

Sodapops

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I reported 4 or 5 of those spam posts (and like you accidentally clicked on the one containing disgusting graphical images).

The problem is though that some people are still replying to the spam posts instead of just hitting the report button.

Problem is, each time someone replies to one of those vile posts it bumps it back to the top so it will be seen by more people - in addition to this is the fact that the mods have a double workload in not only removing the original spam post but also the one stating it has been 'reported'

I know there have been several pleas made by the mods for people not to reply to them - maybe a forum announcement message is on order just to remind people, as often messages get lost within the boards so not everyone have viewed the mod messages regarding this matter.

Personally i don't see their gain in posting messages - least of all on a guinea pig forum! It beggars belief sometimes - have they nothing better to do with their time?

ILoveGilbertTheGuineaPig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thanks so much! I was hoping people would report those posts. I think it would be a good idea to make an announcement about not replying to those threads/posts. I know someone has asked before, but I guess it didn't go out clearly.

Sodapops

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i read that announcement - but them i'm on most days - but for some members that maybe haven't been on a for a few days - sometimes posts get lost. :))

I used to be a member of a forum that automatically diverted people to admin/mod messages when they visited - so if there was something important they wanted you to know about you had no choice but to read it.

I'm not saying anything as drastic as that needs to happen - but it might be an idea of which something similar could be created/set up. Ive run a few forums that feature forum announcement messages that are displayed/scrolled at the top of the board homepage - maybe that would be an idea - so everyone who accesses the forum will see it?

piggiewiggie

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So glad I didnt see it! I've just reported a spam post. Its dificult as I used to post a message saying 'reported' so know one else would also report. I now no your not supposed to reply to them, so wont do so in future. But then about 10 people will end up reporting the same spam message. Nasty spammers.

daftscotslass

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So glad I didnt see it! I've just reported a spam post. Its dificult as I used to post a message saying 'reported' so know one else would also report. I now no your not supposed to reply to them, so wont do so in future. But then about 10 people will end up reporting the same spam message. Nasty spammers.

Posting "reported" did nothing I'm afraid. 10 people (or more) still reported it regardless!

I am still waiting to hear from Debbie and Ellie what they are going to do about the problem, as mods our powers end at deleting the posts and banning the user.

Edit to add: I've also made the announcement post global so it can be seen across the forum, thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:

Sue G

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I know we're not to post "reported" when we've done so, but what you've just said is what I fear - that you get lots of us reporting the same spam. Sometimes I wonder if I should do so, in case others have before me, but if we all hesitate and don't, then maybe nobody will report. Is it better for you to get it reported several times than risk not at all?

daftscotslass

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I know we're not to post "reported" when we've done so, but what you've just said is what I fear - that you get lots of us reporting the same spam. Sometimes I wonder if I should do so, in case others have before me, but if we all hesitate and don't, then maybe nobody will report. Is it better for you to get it reported several times than risk not at all?

Yes. All the reports end up in one big report thread so it's not a biggie. I think my point was that posting "reported" doesn't actually stop people reporting the post above, they do it anyway.

My main worry is kids seeing some of the things that have been posted on here, I know I wouldn't want my child seeing them (let alone the fact I have to look at them to delete them!).

Status
Not open for further replies.