• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Podge is having Op tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

suziesooo

Does anyone have any advice regarding piggy care after castration! Podge is going to have his op tomorrow and also having a cyst removed from his back. Poor little man. S'going to be a long day at work tomorrow waiting to go and get him :(

Not to worry then, its okay i've just found old posts regarding castration.

B

BEATRICE

Good I'm pleased. Keep him on towels or soft fleece blankets, so he is nice and warm :) Vet bed is also excellent. Tasty treats to stop him biting his wounds too.

S

suziesooo

Podge's op: Advice please! xx

Thanks everyone. Took Podgey back to vets yesterday to have his wounds checked, all okay. I have him on towels and he has a cuddle cup to snuggle in. This morning though I notice he is a bit 'loose and squidgy' with his bowel movements, I'd be really grateful for any advice... any suggestions? xx

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Ooo sorry not had that esperience befire, i'm sure you'll get some great advice from someone.
Feed him his normal veggies and treats and lots of TLC, good luck Podge :)
Perhaps it's the medications and stress of the op?

S

suziesooo

Thanks Glynis, I did wonder too whether it was just the anaesthetic kind of 'coming out'. He seems okayish in himself, a bit grumpy maybe, but that's understandable and nothing unusual for Podge. I'm so sorry to hear that your piggy is poorly too, I really hope he picks up and bounces back. They are a worry aren't they, but when you love animals you can't help but sense when they are not themselves, and do all you can to help them. I have a dog who's 14½ years old, she likes to worry me every so often and I think 'the time' must be approaching, then she proves me wrong every time, thank goodness. Kind thoughts to you and your piggy :-*

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
That's lovely thanks.
Sorry for the awful typos just saw my reponse, what was i thinking?
Glad to hear he's a little better, will keep him in our thoughts :-*
Big scratch on the head and 'bum' for your doggie, she sounds lovely :)

Status
Not open for further replies.