• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Poor George

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DebbieR

I had noticed that George had lost a lot of weight (4oz in one week :o) and had terrible diarrheoa (sp?). He was also dribbling a lot. I suspected that he might have a toothache maybe.
Bev very kindly came to my rescue yesterday and took me, George and Mildred to Hastings to see our rodentologist.
Under inspection we found that his back teeth had completely grown together covering his tongue so the poor thing hasn't been able to eat at all. The Diarrheoa was caused by the amount of saliva he would have been swallowing. His teeth were clipped and mended and he was given a bit of parsley to eat. I now have to build him back up with syringe feeding and I also have to teach him to eat again. He doesn't know that his teeth are fixed so he thinks he still can't eat. Last night he was still sucking his food but this morning he managed a sliver of cucumber HURRAH.
We also found out that he's almost completely blind :o My poor little lamb.

Bev gave up her whole day to help us out and what did I do in return? I broke her car. What a great friend I am :-\
Between us (but mostly me) we managed to lock the keys and the piggies in the car with the engine running. I locked my door and shut it operating the central locking system :-\ But luck was smiling on us and a man happened along who was the car crime prevention officer for Hastings. He got us in in about 10 minutes thank goodness :)

All in all quite an eventful day. I was so exhausted and I wasn't even driving.

Oh no - what a terrible day!

Poor poor George. Huge kisses for him please.

Dr enjoyed strawberry and banana smoothie when his mouth was sore. Have you got probiotics for George too? You can also use natural yoghurt for that, but Dr used to spit that out. ::)

Lots of love to you and George. x

What I did for Patch when he was of his food, I blended a cucumber and poured it over his food.

Mary

My lovely rodentologists furnished me with all I need to make George better now all I need is lots of love, patience and time. Thankfully I have bundles of that and its all free ;D
I'm going to get him some pureed apple baby food as well as a treat cos I think he deserves one don't you?

I'll give him an extra hug and kiss tonight just for you Lucinda :)

Thank you. You're so lucky to have a good rodentologist.

He certainly deserves a treat. :)

Yes I am but they are so far away. Its a 3 hour round trip at least. We need more rodentologists :)

DebbieR said:
What a great friend I am :-\

Yes you are now stop being silly :-*

And may I just say that Debbies rodentologists are great! I shall be taking Piggie and Chester for a check up soon :)

Thank you :-*

Hurrah. I'll come with you. I love going to see Chris and Tich.

George is trying his best to eat bless him but it does tire him out. He spent half an hour trying to eat a piece of kale the size of my thumbnail last night but he did it. Apparently it will take a couple of days for him to start eating properly.

My poor Porgie :-*

So sorry to hear that George is unwell.

Sending healing hugs to George

xx

Oh Debbie I have only just caught up with this thread. Sorry to read George has been poorly.

I hope he picks up soon as I know how worried you are over the little chap.

Give him a big hug from me please.

Deb x

Hey Georgie we hope things go OK, Duke is sitting here with me whilst i'm on line he sends big boy cuddles to you ::)
Take care hope you have a good weekend.

Thanks everyone. George is loving all the extra hugs you lovely ladeez have been sending him :-* He even loves the boy cuddle that Duke sent but in a manly way of course ::) ;D

Lucinda told me about poor George - what a brave little piggy. Teeth are bad enough for people, but when they keep on growing like in piggies, it's so frightening. Keep tempting him with lots of goodies, and send him a big get well kiss from me. x

I hope George is feeling better today and he gets his appetite back quick, teeth are a major bug bare of mine and I know a lot of you have had problems do what I did and ask your vet to do a BAR course in rodentology including teeth ops with no anesthetics etc, we definalty need a lot more good rodentologists ,
love to George and lots of patience to you sweetie

Aw poor George. So glad that you were able to get to the bottom of his problems... fingers crossed he will recover well and be back to his usual rounded self soon.

Thanks for all your lovely messages.
George wheeked for his veggies today for the first time in a couple of weeks. He still can't eat them properly but he's very determined. Bless him, he's a little fighter. He looks like he's on the mend. :)

awwww, poor George. :-* :-* Wishing the poor little mite well and a very speedy recovery!

Big hugs all round!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back