• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Poor Lucy, She’s not well 😭

Hannah_xx

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Australia, Victoria. (originally from Essex, UK)
I'm so upset. Many of you know about my precious pony, Lucy. Well, she came down with Laminitis on Thursday (Laminitis (also termed founder) is inflammation of the laminae of the foot – the soft tissue structures that attach the coffin or pedal bone of the foot to the hoof wall. The inflammation and damage to the laminae causes extreme pain and leads to instability of the coffin bone in the hoof. In more severe cases it can lead to complete separation of and rotation of the pedal bone within the hoof wall. ) I got the vet and farrier out straight away to asses and treat her. I’m just so gutted, and so annoyed with myself for letting her get it. I should have taken her out of the paddock weeks ago, The spring grass and her being fat has caused the laminitis and probably not helped by the changes in her environment coming from the U.K. to Aus. :(
My farrier (The vet was shockingly useless and waste of money) has assured me that it’s mild and Lucy will be okay. I’m soaking her hay to take the sugar out of it and she’s got to stay in a small paddock with no grass for a good few weeks. She’s also on some pain relief for a week or so until she feels more comfortable.
She has already improved slightly and able to walk around much better without looking so sore. A long way to go though.
But hopefully she’ll be okay :(:( My poor baby.

7F3BC50C-43F1-4149-A250-CFE82DB9D0D1.jpeg88801BA8-4DC2-4534-9F30-BFFD52E96D26.jpeg

Poor Lucy, sending her lots of healing vibes x x

Oh Hannah I’m so sorry Lucy is so poorly, sending healing vibes for a sound recovery and hugs to you, don’t be too hard on yourself, you are such a caring owner x

Oh poor Lucy. Sorry she’s got sore feets. Hope she soon feels better.

Back