• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Poor Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_winged_angel

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Am a little worried about my Patch, he is eating and drinking fine, but every so often he starts crying and has had some watery poo just lately. Just wondering if my boy could be seriously ill, he has started getting better slowly, but after Alphonse I really can't be too careful

Pebble

Banned
Reaction score
Aww bless little Patch.....poor piggie.

Hmm.....Can we possibly have a bit more detail please?

e.g.

• Does he cry WHEN he is pooing or weeing or both?
  • Does his poo smell?
  • Is his urine smelly/discoloured?
  • What does his poo look like? Is it same size/consistency as normal or is it smaller/with a tail on the end/squishy/smelly?
  • Has he been on any medication? If so..what has he had (dose per day) and why?
  • Has he been neutered? If so when?
Has he had any ther medication/operations on the last 6months? If so what?

Sorry to be awkward........just need to get some more details before responding....

x

HairlessWillow7

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I hope he gets better! If he's got watery poo, maybe try to give him a pro biotic. Also, if you're really worried, you could take him to the vet. Hope this helps :)

xx

1_winged_angel

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Aww bless little Patch.....poor piggie.

Hmm.....Can we possibly have a bit more detail please?

e.g.

• Does he cry WHEN he is pooing or weeing or both?
  • Does his poo smell?
  • Is his urine smelly/discoloured?
  • What does his poo look like? Is it same size/consistency as normal or is it smaller/with a tail on the end/squishy/smelly?
  • Has he been on any medication? If so..what has he had (dose per day) and why?
  • Has he been neutered? If so when?
Has he had any ther medication/operations on the last 6months? If so what?

Sorry to be awkward........just need to get some more details before responding....

x

He is a lot happier today, I put him on his own for the night with of course lots of mummy-time.

He was crying whenever he had a wee, not so much when pooing anymore, poos look and smell as they normally do. He is eating and drinking properly and as soon as I went to the cage, he began wheeking madly until he got a chin rub...

No operations or medication at all in his life, he has been a very lucky piggle really

xx

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Id take him to the vets if he is crying as he pees could be UTI or stones!

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like the beginnings of a UTI. Have you noticed increased peeing and thirst? Has he been outside for the first time lately? Keep an eye out for smeely or bloody pees. Please see a vet.

http://www.guinealynx.info/uti.html

1_winged_angel

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Update on Patch:

He is back with his friends and very happy, no more crying when he pees, and his pee was perfectly normal (little monkey decided to show me in person by having a wee on my lap! charming!). I think it may have just been something that has passed, as now he is eating/drinking and bouncing around happily as if nothing happened.

So relieved!

Status
Not open for further replies.