• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Poor Pedro the Chinchilla :(

Thanks a lot @Bill & Ted, really hoping we'll be through it all soon and can both have a rest! And he'll be his normal mega-happy self x Hope you had a good Xmas and got spoilt :)

Thanks so much @Merab's Slave, need one of those! x

Been told I'm bad all day as won't give in to nephew with his choc obsession! With lots of tantrums and tears!

We've finally got some peace now (thank god) and Pedro's just about to have his first Manuka honey experience! He ate more overnight last night and moved around more (more poo on hammocks and shelves rather than just his big bed like has been!) so pleased about that.

Thanks everyone :) will try and stay positive.
Thanks @alpacasqueak we have all had a lovely time apart from journey home yesterday, 9.5 hours from West Sussex to Cornwall! M25 and M4 a car park. Bill and Ted did really well, out on lawn all day today, so all forgiven. So sad little Pedro is still struggling, but fingers and toes all crossed for him x

Oh no @Bill & Ted, what a nightmare! Glad you all had a good time and piggies forgiven you! My pigs are very jealous of their lawn time! x

Thanks, his wound was so much easier to clean this morning after the honey yest, didn't tell me off half as much as he has been :) Not much eaten but he was very eager with me syringing all day so probably full! Was up waiting for me for bfast too, hasn't in a week :D Looking good, just wish he'd eat a bit of hay rather than peeing all over it as soon as I put it in the cage!

Sounds like he hasn’t lost his appetite which is good and I think honey has great healing properties. They used this to help heal an ulcerated leg on an elderly relative that wasn’t responding to normal treatment and that healed up really well

Ped's wound's been a bit easier to clean as not 'crusting up' as much as it has been. But a lot of the honey's ending up rubbed around his face when he's grooming after the flush and application of it! So a bit of a honey face mask!
Not a lot staying 'in' the wound as it is smaller and open! But a film across it which should still help (I hope!).

He's not as sore, came out of his bed a few times last night to watch tv on a hammock and ate a soaked shredded wheat this morn which he'd gone off again when on the Marbocyl.
So fingers crossed. Just to update :)

My little girl ‘Titch’ used to do the same, she smelt wonderful lol! Even if a small amount stays in/on it’s probably enough. All sounds very positive!

Think where it is it's hard not to leak out when gets warm, same with your girly!
His fur's gets a bit hard as it's so fluffy and absorbent, so he smells lovely but having to give his face a good clean!

So happy to hear Pedro is feeling a little better @alpacasqueak . Glad the suggestion of honey might be helping a little. Please give him a hug from me and tell him to keep up the good work eating.xx

Ped's wound's been a bit easier to clean as not 'crusting up' as much as it has been. But a lot of the honey's ending up rubbed around his face when he's grooming after the flush and application of it! So a bit of a honey face mask!
Not a lot staying 'in' the wound as it is smaller and open! But a film across it which should still help (I hope!).

He's not as sore, came out of his bed a few times last night to watch tv on a hammock and ate a soaked shredded wheat this morn which he'd gone off again when on the Marbocyl.
So fingers crossed. Just to update :)
A honey face mask huh? Oh Mr Pedro you really are upping your male beauty regime, you’re sweet enough already my little fluff bundle.

How is he today, any new pictures of the sound progress lately?

He's doing ok thanks, not a huge change from the other day but his wound's looking great. Still eating a bit himself.
The honey's driving him a bit mad now, loved the smell at first, but think he's realised how messy it makes him, whiskers keep getting stuck together and I have to give his face a bit of a scrub each flush so doesn't like me much as you can see from the pic!
IMG_5091.JPG
Keeps hiding from me and my honey pot!
IMG_5083.JPG
But helping the wound and definitely shrinking :) looking a bit red halfway through his face wash/scrub this morning
IMG_5089.JPG

But had a poo stuck in wound incident again last night so had that pleasure again! Bless him, not surprised he's not my friend with all this nasty stuff I do to him!

Is Pedro still on antibiotics or are they all finished as I know in Guinea's they can really upset there gut so guessing it's the same for Chins? It's horrible to see them so timid, I've had many piggy hate me for horrible medication they don't ever realise it's for the best I really want a healthy Pedro for the new year, that can have his sand bath!

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear he is OK and the honey is helping his wound. Hopefully when its healed he will feel just like his bouncy self again. :nod:

Yes they're the same @flintstones, meds really upset their little tummies and appetite. He's not on any anymore.
He's gone funny with metacam and not wanting it (too much of a good thing!) so he's been having Calpol 6+ the last few days which he likes more (safe for chins).
He's looking very scruffy and would love a bath to sort himself out! Keeps rolling around the floor where the sand bath normally is bless him, missing it!

Think when it's all closed up he'll feel so much better and want to eat more, think it's just uncomfortable for him at the moment and puts him off.
You can see all the little muscles moving around when he's chewing in the socket and think it feels odd for him (not surprised!).

Thanks @Claire W, definitely shrunk from a couple of weeks ago, hopefully will carry on! IMG_5028.JPG

Thanks @rhymer :)

Back