• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Poor Pedro the Chinchilla :(

IMG_3711.JPG
Thanks @flintstones, yes hoping this year will bring him a bit more luck.

He's very gorgeous but am missing my porky Ped, has lost so much with all this (well a lot for a chin) and his lovely fur is all grotty! But hoping he'll be back to this soon, might like me a bit more then too and sit on me by choice rather than pinned down for nasty stuff!

And will definitely get a video when he's got his beloved bath back, he's a bit manic but hilarious to watch! And makes a blooming mess!

Thanks @Merab's Slave, yes it's definitely been much longer than I'd thought it'd be to heal. Forgot what it's like to get more than 4-5hrs sleep! Think Ped feels the same with all the disturbing all day too!

Glad you think it looks better, hopefully will have some nice pics of him all healed for everyone soon :) with his lovely big bum back! Nearly 10 weeks since started syringe feeding so hopefully tucking into a massive bowl of food too! :)

Aw, you and Pedro have had such a hard time these last couple of months, but his wound is definitely looking better x you’re doing a great job there, I think he knows you are helping him get better, even if it’s not that pleasant for him at the moment x (or you)

Thanks @Bill & Ted, hopefully he'll be my friend again after all the torment I've put him through! Looking his beautiful self, minus an eye, v soon!
He's very annoyed with me atm, think going to take a while for him to forgive me!

He's so clever, similar to my cats, so remembers meds and vet trips etc! Stays well away so hard work to handle him atm! Knows I'm up to no good! Evil me and syringes! :)

Ah, you can’t blame him, hopefully soon it’ll be a thing of the past. If it’s not a syringe in your mouth, it’s a thermometer up your bum! No wonder pets hate going to the vets 😆

He’s such a handsome little fluff ball. Looking good Pedro, just keep hrs.img and eating little man.
Fingers crossed for a sandbath in the near future.

Thanks @Bill & Ted, hopefully he'll be my friend again after all the torment I've put him through! Looking his beautiful self, minus an eye, v soon!
He's very annoyed with me atm, think going to take a while for him to forgive me!

He's so clever, similar to my cats, so remembers meds and vet trips etc! Stays well away so hard work to handle him atm! Knows I'm up to no good! Evil me and syringes! :)
My mother once had a cat who would hold a MASSIVE grudge to whoever collected him from the vets. Did not matter who took him in...he only hated the collector and would snub that person for WEEKS after.

My mother once had a cat who would hold a MASSIVE grudge to whoever collected him from the vets. Did not matter who took him in...he only hated the collector and would snub that person for WEEKS after.
Yeah my cats were bad but they're 12 now so much better, still hide when the carriers come out though! Daisy cries like she's being tortured when there and back! Same vets I've used since I had them!

Ped's sister was terrible at first and hated me, after a few years of dentals calmed down (although hated the train).
He hates me! Absolutely despises me! But new to the vet world I suppose!

I keep their carrier out at playtime, found this helps with cats and chins as not so scary, he's avoiding it at all costs! Is all clean but he's not stoopid! Clever little honey monster! :)

(Pigs couldn't care less, sit on the train eating veg and making happy noises!)

Pedro's wound is looking better and I'm sure once he gets his sand bath back he will feel more like his old self. He will forgive you I'm sure. My old cat Mabel used to sulk and do a revenge poo every time we took her to the vets. Usually in the carrier and sink out the vets waiting room.
Then she would step out of the carrier like nothing had happened and it definitely wasn't her. Lol.x
Hugs to you and Pedro.

Pedro's wound is looking better and I'm sure once he gets his sand bath back he will feel more like his old self. He will forgive you I'm sure. My old cat Mabel used to sulk and do a revenge poo every time we took her to the vets. Usually in the carrier and sink out the vets waiting room.
Then she would step out of the carrier like nothing had happened and it definitely wasn't her. Lol.x
Hugs to you and Pedro.
Revenge poo!:yikes::yikes::yikes:. Hope my two don’t get ideas!

Hugs to you and Pedro.
I used to care for a lady who's 18yr old cat Percy did the same!
And a cat did it the other day when I was at Cat and Rabbit, they had to take him in the back to clean him up! Not the nicest smell in the world!

No unfortunately not, his wound's pretty much the same. He's still miserable when in the cage, no chewing wood or running on his wheel, barely eating anything by himself, hasn't eaten hay in weeks and weeks. Seems unable to use his front teeth to bite anything. Only had teeth done 3 weeks ago so I think he's possibly got permanent damage from the abscess/injury.
I've come home from looking after my nephew and niece and he's not touched a thing, looks like he's barely moved.

He's now been syringe fed for nearly 12 weeks, been on constant pain relief and I've tried pretty much everything so in the next week or two I think I'm going to have to make a big decision.

Don't want to lose him but he's not him. He's maybe happy an hour out of the day, when he's running around out of the cage but the other 23 he's not enjoying life. All the feeds and flushes are incredibly stressful for him now.
And me. It's been a long time and if I'd seen more improvement I wouldn't feel so bad but he's really not getting much better after all the vet trips and meds.

Yep incredibly heartbroken and keep sobbing my heart out to family when I've been debating stuff the last few days but I think it may be for the best now. Can't believe it after all this but he's suffering and bloody unhappy.
He has the odd good day but it's really not that good, just better and I've tried to think positive but known him so long I can tell he's miserable.
Oh Ped :(

No unfortunately not, his wound's pretty much the same. He's still miserable when in the cage, no chewing wood or running on his wheel, barely eating anything by himself, hasn't eaten hay in weeks and weeks. Seems unable to use his front teeth to bite anything. Only had teeth done 3 weeks ago so I think he's possibly got permanent damage from the abscess/injury.
I've come home from looking after my nephew and niece and he's not touched a thing, looks like he's barely moved.

He's now been syringe fed for nearly 12 weeks, been on constant pain relief and I've tried pretty much everything so in the next week or two I think I'm going to have to make a big decision.

Don't want to lose him but he's not him. He's maybe happy an hour out of the day, when he's running around out of the cage but the other 23 he's not enjoying life. All the feeds and flushes are incredibly stressful for him now.
And me. It's been a long time and if I'd seen more improvement I wouldn't feel so bad but he's really not getting much better after all the vet trips and meds.

Yep incredibly heartbroken and keep sobbing my heart out to family when I've been debating stuff the last few days but I think it may be for the best now. Can't believe it after all this but he's suffering and bloody unhappy.
He has the odd good day but it's really not that good, just better and I've tried to think positive but known him so long I can tell he's miserable.
Oh Ped :(
Sorry to hear this, does Simon think theres anything else you can do next?

Don't know, I haven't had a chance to talk to him as receptionist called back last time as guess he was busy. Don't think his wound's the issue tbh, think whatever damage the abscess and bash to face have caused are just not recovering.
He's not bitten anything hard since the day after banged his face, have said this to him on the last few visits.

If he can't bite or really chew I can't keep on syringe feeding and just making him live, he hasn't got a happy life anymore.

Oh Pedro, I really wish you we doing better. I have followed your little story so diligently now that I can’t help but adore you. Still firmly crossing everything for you, you sweet fluffy little guy.

Back