• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Poor Pedro the Chinchilla :(

They're so good bless them, older piggies are so great :)
IMG_5173.JPG
Just had his flush so bedtime for us both for a bit, will try and get some good ones in his bath later but doesn't have it til 12/1am so I'm normally laying around fighting my eyelids! x

Oh this makes my heart happy :) so glad hes perking up. Your piggies are gorgeous too :love: I hope you’re both on the up now :)

Great news about Pedro. I've thinking about you both and wondering how he was. Fingers firmly crossed he is on the up and up.
Gorgeous piggies, piggies are brilliant for hugs and cuddles when you're feeling stressed or low.
Hope you're feeling better soon.
Hugs to you all.xx
Go Pedro:nod:

Aw, this is fantastic news about Pedro, made up for you x Your piggies are absolutely gorgeous, they won’t be jealous and know you’ve been so busy helping Pedro get better.

Look at that handsome boy in his sand bath, what a little sand diva you are Mr.Pedro, totally gorgeous. So happy he seems to be perking up :wub::wub::wub:

Pedro update!
Sorry been a mad week as new bathroom being installed (paid for by the landlord!), we've got a day off today before decorators. So loads of noise and strange people, he's been in the bedroom with the cats (who haven't handled it anywhere near as well as him!). He's been great :)

He's doing amazingly at the moment, eating loads so we're down to one top-up syringe feed in the morning and he scoffs loads pm! Even nibbling at 'harder' stuff, crushed shredded wheat/shreddies, oats but not his hard SS pellets yet.
He's much more active and nearly back to his loopy self at night!

So it's just that bloody wound! It seemed to have stuck in it's healing, not getting better, not getting worse just the same every day! But the last few days it's been improving, more tissue growing and the skin trying to.
I upped the salt in the water and he's having the honey in twice a day.
IMG_5232.JPG
All pancaked up for his flush :)
IMG_5234.JPG
IMG_5236.JPG
Looking a bit red but was a bit gunky so needed a good clean this morning, then practising his balancing act as wouldn't let me take a good pic! Did try for one with the honey in but wasn't too impressed so his good side instead! :)
IMG_5238.JPG

Aw, it’s so good to see Pedro is doing well, hang in there I’m sure he’s really going to be fine, especially now he is eating well x

Thanks @Bill & Ted! And for all your support for all this time! :)

I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel now, considering I was thinking of putting him to sleep a few weeks ago.
He's so much happier, think less handling and his bath have really helped. Might need to visit Simon for teeth files with him not eating hard food yet but hopefully will be trashing my bedroom for many years to come! Will just have to train him to use a hoover! xx

Sorry I've taken up so much space with Pedro, chin forums are hard to find and pretty useless in an emergency.
Not many people seem to go through all this or have as much vet care for them, especially with him being an older guy, all the chins on sites are 2-3 and trying to rehome, not his age! So I do hugely appreciate all the help I've/we've had xx

So happy to hear Pedro is doing better, you have both been in my thoughts.
I've loved hearing all about him, please keep us posted.xx

Sorry I've taken up so much space with Pedro, chin forums are hard to find and pretty useless in an emergency.
Not many people seem to go through all this or have as much vet care for them, especially with him being an older guy, all the chins on sites are 2-3 and trying to rehome, not his age! So I do hugely appreciate all the help I've/we've had xx
Don’t apologise - that what the forum is for.
We’re here to support each other through whatever situation is being dealt with.
You take as much forum space as you need and want to.
It’s good to hear Pedro is improving.
Hope your new bathroom is worth all the hassle

I’m so pleased he’s now turned a corner. You were so desperate a few weeks ago. It just goes to show what love and tenacity can do. He is so lucky to have you and he is so gorgeous!

Back