• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Poor Pedro the Chinchilla :(

A quick update for Ped, was a bit excited after his last flush :)
It looks so good :clap: (touching giant trees!), other than me doing a few less flushes nothing's changed. But it's really 'shrunk' this week and looking brilliant today :)
(I know the pics probably look v similar but in the flesh it has!)
IMG_5372.JPG
Just a few mms from bottom to top! (Aagh! Can't believe it!) :D
IMG_5375.JPG
And his beautiful good eye without gunk :)
So maybe less flushes the way forward!
IMG_5377.JPG
Yes please says Ped! :) x

Thanks so much :)
It really seems to have turned a strange eye socket corner and decided it'll start healing after all!
Just been stuck for the last couple of months, no better no worse! The occasional bad day when he's rubbed it! But to actually have skin growing over and hair too, I haven't seen that for weeks :) so chuffed :)

Brilliant news! Well done both of you, you deserve this after all your hard work.
Hugs to you all, especially the handsome Pedro.xx

Pedro update :) Things are going amazingly at the moment for Ped, he's looking and acting great!

He's been eating 'harder' things, broken up pea flakes (still can't manage holding and biting a big one), treats from a forage bag (no herbs or hay) which aren't too hard/chewy and half a shreddie without dropping it. So more calories in his belly than just the mushed pellets he's had for months!

His coordination seems better, he's jumping up higher (all over my cupboards!) and braver when he does jump! His teeth are still wonky but not as bad as last time 3weeks in from vet trip (the top left is the worst). His jaw doesn't look as wonky and the wound still getting smaller :)
So good all round! :D A few pics from earlier from his bfast flush.
IMG_5429.JPG
IMG_5431.JPG
Aargh now I've lost an ear!
IMG_5440.JPG
His old favourite hobby of chewing my fingernails been coming back!
IMG_5443.JPG
IMG_5444.JPG
And he blooming hates honey time! (And so do I when he bites and I have to try and clean it later!) Yep, cotton wool pad as an eye patch when he started kicking off!

Has been 5months this week since I started having to syringe feed and started on metacam, he wasn't really moving or aware of what was going on.IMG_4754.JPG
IMG_4776.JPG
IMG_4760.JPG
Was terrifying and what we've been through is pretty crazy but 5months on he looks amazing! Even with a crater in his face and missing an eye! My lovely crazy boy :luv: xx

Awwwww look at that beautiful beautiful ball of fluff. He is such a stunning chap.

So glad to hear he is FINALLY on the fast track!

Well not sure about fast! But definitely back on track finally!
Thanks @Pawz, looking at those old pics and remembering those few days is so sad, really didn't know what was going on then suddenly that swollen and obviously the explosion. He wasn't Pedro but now he is again :)
Well he obviously thinks he's Jackie Chan really with the cat beatings but you know! :)

Lovely lovely Pedro. So glad you're doing better, it's always a good sign when their old cheeky habits return.
Mummy and you have had a tough 5 months so fingers crossed it's plain sailing from here. Onwards and upwards Pedro.xx:yahoo:

Thanks so much @rhymer, yep hopefully he'll be back to the podgy-bummed boy he once was very soon :) and I won't have to touch a needle ever again! x

Such good news and what a lucky boy to have been so well looked after for so long.

Getting soppy (as I do!) and would like to say a MASSIVE thank you to everyone who has supported us all this time. I couldn't have got through it all without the amazingly lovely support on here.
IMG_4799.JPG
From that-
IMG_4846.JPG
IMG_4847.JPG
To that (pics I never put on, when his eyelids melted and he had to have the second op after his eye was removed)
IMG_4894.JPG
To that
IMG_5358.JPG
And now.
It's been a really rough road, I've had lots of problems with my own health and questioned if I did the right thing a lot with him but now really feel I did. It's been tough on me (and the poor cats!) but despite no cash and shattered I'm so happy he's doing so well! 😢 xx

Lovely to see Pedro looking so well. You have been amazing job of caring for him, it must have been very difficult at times.
Hopefully the worst is over now. :)

Thanks @YvonneBlue, has been tough with my epilepsy and tabs, but more with the worry and my mental health I think!
When it's days and days of syringing, meds and flushes and no change, him looking so sad, it really gets to you. But these last two weeks have been so good for him.
A few tears shed looking at the older pics, can't believe how much he's changed since he first got ill. He was like a teddy, just sat there, no reaction to anything. Now he won't sit still for a second, ravaged the plaster off my poorly thumb earlier and started chomping on my nail, before jumping on my head then telling me off when I went to pick him up! That's the best Ped, an uncontrollable weirdo! :love: x

I hope I can do as good a job as you if one of my piggies gets sick.
I have followed this thread from the beginning of Pedro's illness and your tenacity and willingness to carry on when things were really bad should be a lesson to us all.
I really hope that Pedro's recovery continues.
He really does owe his life to you, lots of people would have given up on him. :hug:

Back