• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Poorly Feeling Sorry For Myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyGuineaPigPals

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm feeling sorry for myself. For 3 days now I have had the worst cough of my life. I'm in constant pain in my throat and chest and nausea from heaving so much, I havnt slept as its keeping me awake at night and I had to stand outside in the cold part of the day today as part of my job, the other part was doing speeches on microphone which is hard when my voice is going. (I was gona go home sick but stuck it out) I'm back to work again tomorrow.

I'm exhausted and what started out as a normal gross cough is now very dry and chesty and so easily set off and my work place is very dusty.

But worst of all because I'm ill I cant have cuddles with all the rodents! I'm staying away from them as I don't wanna risk getting them ill. I'm not 100% sure what ive got as I don't seem to have other cold symptoms like runny nose or anything its just the cough which is causing migraines and nausea and hot and cold flushes.

I stuck my head in to see if the pigs were Oki before bed and oblivion came running over to the bars to greet me (hoping for treats, a nose tickle and the usual bed time kiss) but I had to resist as I cant take the risk :(

So I feel sorry for myself and I'm being sulky because I'm grumpy and tired and my best friends forgot my bday last week (and they still havnt realised) and I'm ill and cant have piggy kisses :( and I can't sleep again

WP_20150122_007.jpg

Total sympathy for you hun. Is there no way you can call in sick tomorrow?
So many nasty bugs going about at the moment! I have a horrible cold- am on day 3 also and finding it hard to sleep. Like you am not cuddling my piggie as i dont wanna get him sick (just in case)- just doing food and water changes and talking to him lots and the odd nose rub- but always wash my hands before and after touching him.
Maybe you have a chill/ chest cold as you work outside? Make sure you wrap up warm...
Sounds like you need a good rest, I think you need a day in bed- watching dvds or tv and lots of hot drinks to keep you warm! Hope you manage to get some sleep- and do consider calling in sick if u can- nothing worse than going to work feeling rubbish - bless you!

Total sympathy for you hun. Is there no way you can call in sick tomorrow?
So many nasty bugs going about at the moment! I have a horrible cold- am on day 3 also and finding it hard to sleep. Like you am not cuddling my piggie as i dont wanna get him sick (just in case)- just doing food and water changes and talking to him lots and the odd nose rub- but always wash my hands before and after touching him.
Maybe you have a chill/ chest cold as you work outside? Make sure you wrap up warm...
Sounds like you need a good rest, I think you need a day in bed- watching dvds or tv and lots of hot drinks to keep you warm! Hope you manage to get some sleep- and do consider calling in sick if you can- nothing worse than going to work feeling rubbish - bless you!
I am trying to avoid going sick at work I was off a lot last year with migraines and stress and stuff and had a bit of a issue with my manager over that and other stuff. I haven't been sick since July so trying to get my record a bit cleaner so sticking it out as much as I can. Tomorrow I'm based indoors but supposed to be on speeches all day so I'm going to try and avoid doing them if my colleagues will allow it then I can just do the quiet part of my job in the dark and warm instead. It doesn't help that I worked several 12 hour shifts recently and lots of overtime (because I desperately need the money and over time can be rare at my place) so maybe I have exhausted my body without realising it. I just want the cough to pass as its just painful so much atm :( its so torture not being able to cuddle the piggies isn't it, I hope you feel better soo too

I am trying to avoid going sick at work I was off a lot last year with migraines and stress and stuff and had a bit of a issue with my manager over that and other stuff. I haven't been sick since July so trying to get my record a bit cleaner so sticking it out as much as I can. Tomorrow I'm based indoors but supposed to be on speeches all day so I'm going to try and avoid doing them if my colleagues will allow it then I can just do the quiet part of my job in the dark and warm instead. It doesn't help that I worked several 12 hour shifts recently and lots of overtime (because I desperately need the money and over time can be rare at my place) so maybe I have exhausted my body without realising it. I just want the cough to pass as its just painful so much atm :( its so torture not being able to cuddle the piggies isn't it, I hope you feel better soo too
I understand what you mean, i also suffer with migraine so total sypathy! As you say i think you are run down- i know i am- alot of caring for sick elderly relatives takes it tole. I really hope the cough goes soon - have you taken any meds for it at all?
Yes its horrible not being able to cuddle piggies. Are you off work Monday? If so make sure you relax and have a chill day! :) x

I understand what you mean, i also suffer with migraine so total sypathy! As you say i think you are run down- i know i am- alot of caring for sick elderly relatives takes it tole. I really hope the cough goes soon - have you taken any meds for it at all?
Yes its horrible not being able to cuddle piggies. Are you off work Monday? If so make sure you relax and have a chill day! :) x
I'm waiting for my shift Monday to be confirmed (meant to be overtime again) I may cancel it and have the day off. Ive been taking a Lemsip syrup but it doesn't seem to be helping the cough and it tastes awful! I'm persevering though haha I also have a batch of guinea pig caves I'm half way through sewing and want to get finished but again don't want to transfer my germs!

I'm sorry! My mum has this EXACT illness too. She has no other effects either and all I hear is her getting up during the night coughing and coughing all day and in bed too. Her voice is broken and barely working so its hard to hear her too. I wonder what this is as it seems a few people have it.

I'm also ill. I sympathise completely. I'm in so much pain at the moment I'm lying on the floor as its the only way the pain isn't hurting.

I'm sorry! My mum has this EXACT illness too. She has no other effects either and all I hear is her getting up during the night coughing and coughing all day and in bed too. Her voice is broken and barely working so its hard to hear her too. I wonder what this is as it seems a few people have it.

I'm also ill. I sympathise completely. I'm in so much pain at the moment I'm lying on the floor as its the only way the pain isn't hurting.
I wish I knew what it was too! I don't know anyone else who has had it but working with 5000 members of the public every day I could have got it anywhere

I wish I knew what it was too! I don't know anyone else who has had it but working with 5000 members of the public every day I could have got it anywhere
Yeah my mum works in Asda so could have gotten it anywhere too.

HUGS!

Poor you! I hope that it is just period cramps, but please see a gp if things don't get better soon!

You may find that inhaling steaming bowl with 2-3 drops of olbas oil in the mornings and evenings can help to free up the bronchia, but if you have got a decent pharmacy near you, they can help you with a stronger coughing medicine so you can at least sleep. I am constantly suckling ricola herbal lozenges (or similar vitamin C enriched ones) when I need to keep my cough down; the swallowing helps to suppress the cough.

So ive managed to get a couple of hours sleep this evening so far, my over time shift tomorrow is cancelled for now so I'm off tomorrow so I may try and get some of what @Wiebke has mentioned. Thank you for the advice. Ive started taking veno syrup tonight which has helped a little bit. Whatever this bug or illness is I am not enjoying it one bit

I hope you feel better soon - I had a horrible flu type virus with stomach cramps and nausea and it lasted for most of 2 weeks - all over Christmas :(
Get well and rest x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back