• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

Poorly Rabbit In Pets At Home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abbie

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was in need of some hay desperately so I ran in and quickly picked some up.
On my way past I was the most adorable rabbit who was looking a bit poorly. Now I'm home and I can't stop thinking about him/her and it's starting to really get me down. I can't bare to think of him/her suffering especially since loosing my little girl a few weeks ago as my emotions are still everywhere!

Now I'm left unsure on what to do. My mum keeps telling me to ring them up and ask them to have a look. But I know more than likely they will just say they will have a look, but probably won't. Or will have a look and do nothing about it

My temptations to travel back and pick him/her up so I can get a vet visit is unreal. Ive thought about going back and asking them to do something about it while I'm there in person so they can't tell me they will over the phone, but then not.

I just don't know.
Has anyone been in this situation? What did you do? :(

P

piggyfan

Oh Abbie that's so sad. Can you go back and ask to speak to the manager and tell them? I worry if you rescue the bunny that you may end up in debt with huge vet fees.

Abbie

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We have to go and pick my sister up from college soon. I'm going to ask my mum to take me back there afterwards.

His/her eyes were a little crusty looking and his/her fur was looking a little 'tatty' around the head. I'm just worried nothing will be done. Or it will get sold to someone who hasn't realised it may be poorly and then they don't have the money to treat it and it ends up abandoned or something. I may be thinking the worst, but I'm so concerned :(

P

piggyfan

I totally understand. Can you call up and ask to speak to the manager?

katie-elizabeth

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh no Abbie :( if you were seriously thinking about adopting him/her, am I right in thinking pets at home would have to pay the vet bills? But it's also if you want to take on the responsibility of taking him to the vets etc. It's a hard situation to be in! Hugs x

Abbie

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I went back and he/she was actually looking a little better. I told them about my concern and explained how I felt. So hopefully they will keep an eye on him/her.

I'm not sure if they pay for vet bills!
But it wasn't in the adoption centre part, it was with 3 other little beautiful bunnies, so I would have to pay for all vet bills it may need.

As much as I wanted too, I couldn't take him/her home with me. I have to think sensibly, I cannot physically afford vet bills right now and although I could possibly have help from my mum, I don't want to be getting myself into debt with my mum either.
It upset me to have to walk away but I'm just going to have to hope the little bunny is going to be okay and be brought by someone who will be able to pay for any possible vet bills :(

katie-elizabeth

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Did they seem concerned? I hope so, at least that way it'll put your mind at rest.
Well done for thinking sensibly, it's difficult isn't it :( it's why I try and avoid pets at home, because I can't go in and not visit the animals! Luckily though the few times I have been in our local one, I've never seen anything that's worried me x

A&T

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
If the animal becomes ill within the first two weeks of you adopting it, you dont have to pay for vet bills. or at-least thats how it is at my pets at home. Amber and Trixie got a cold the week after I got them and they treated them for free.

katie-elizabeth

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ah I thought I had read quite a few posts on here about P@H paying vet bills for poorly piggies

Abbie

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Did they seem concerned? I hope so, at least that way it'll put your mind at rest.
Well done for thinking sensibly, it's difficult isn't it :( it's why I try and avoid pets at home, because I can't go in and not visit the animals! Luckily though the few times I have been in our local one, I've never seen anything that's worried me x
They kind of did. It's made me feel a bit better that I have been in again to check they will keep an eye on it.

I live about 5 minutes from a pets at home store, and honestly I couldn't say anything bad about the staff, they are people who actually genuinely care about the animals they keep there. But this was a different store further away who I don't visit because the staff in there aren't great. But we were in a rush today so had to quickly pop in to pick up some hay!

I even took money back with me because of how tempted I was, but I had to stop myself and just think sensibly :( x

katie-elizabeth

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
They kind of did. It's made me feel a bit better that I have been in again to check they will keep an eye on it.

I live about 5 minutes from a pets at home store, and honestly I couldn't say anything bad about the staff, they are people who actually genuinely care about the animals they keep there. But this was a different store further away who I don't visit because the staff in there aren't great. But we were in a rush today so had to quickly pop in to pick up some hay!

I even took money back with me because of how tempted I was, but I had to stop myself and just think sensibly :( x
Have a hug hun :hug: don't feel guilty, it would be never ending if we all gave in and adopted every animal in need, as difficult as it is to say no! :( Do you think you'll go back and visit again to check on him/her? x

Abbie

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Have a hug hun :hug: don't feel guilty, it would be never ending if we all gave in and adopted every animal in need, as difficult as it is to say no! :( Do you think you'll go back and visit again to check on him/her? x
I'm not sure, the earliest I would be able to go back would be monday. And that's if my mum would take me! he/she is an absolute beauty so someone will probably buy him/her before I got the chance to go back to check! I'm just hoping it will be okay:(x

missdoofus

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was in my P@H the other day and a couple of the bunnies were having a disagreement, the staff were actually very quick and very good to calm the situation. The bit that annoys me was when I went back because I'd run out of hay as well there was 3 more bunnies in the rehoming section! That's probably what happened to our piggies we got form there :( wish they were just honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.