• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Possible Cranial Cruciate Ligament damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Bella was limping on thursday, well it has continued and it was mainly after she'd been lying down :{ or running and jumping at the fence to get to the dog she doesn't like mallethead

Went and saw Brendan and he tried moving her tibia and patella? i think that's what it was anyways.......she's in for a manipulation on thursday cause she was so tense!

Poor baby wee'd herself and was terribly upset, for the first time ever she is now lying at my feet, she's exhausted :(

Will keep you all posted, oh and the cost? well the vet is like 1 1/2hrs from here we'll have to visit and it will be between 2-5 thousand dollars :x I have no idea how Dee can possibly afford this, looks like my slushy for next years holiday is going to my darling Bella oh well easy come easy go eh!

Keep all paws crossed that it's not a full tear we may find out on thursday with Brendan before having to go see Dr. Wing Tip Wong.

Ooh poor doggy :( Hope she heals quickly, but ligaments can take ages :( I know cos I had the same sort of problem about 5/6 years ago and still have problems with it now.
Good luck with the manipulation etc. Shame you have to miss your holiday, but it's for a good cause ;):)

OUCH!

I am so sorry for poor Bella and for you and Dee. I hope that she heals well!

awww bless Bella, major vibes being sent to her.

Hope shes ok soon, sorry about the financial stuff, vets fees defo do not rock!

Just think, the pleasure you get from Bella being pain free will outweigh the pleasure from any holiday by miles :))

all paws, claws, fingers and anything else we can cross are crossed here :x

Poor Bella :(

Our family dog has artifical ligaments in his back legs, not sure how much it cost the parents but they got rid of all the laminate flooring and had carpet put down so he could walk on it easier :)

Thankyou so much everyone xx>>>xx>>>xx>>>

Allan last night built a temporary fence, like an orange construction plastic one for her, now that she's restricted we've noticed a big difference in her, not as much limping :) She can't go up and down the embankment and we've hidden her fav toy (aka bluey...the toy she adores to play olympics with rolleyes )

I have read up so much info in the last 24hrs @)

Yeah i would rather not have a holiday and make sure any of our babies are well!

Thursday will be a hard day i want to make sure she gets the best attention i do not want her to be crippled.......we'll also no matter what have to have on going treatment as arthritis will more than likely set in :(

Keep you posted.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

My labrador had suspected cruciate lig .tear .We decided to put her on Metacam and no exercise (well no running or jumping ). It took 5 weeks but healed itself and so avoided a major op. and long term recuperation. It is worth thinking about. I know vets do wonderful things but ops. are best avoided if at all possible . My dog was 5 years old at the time. Hope all goes well for you .

My labrador had suspected cruciate lig .tear .We decided to put her on Metacam and no exercise (well no running or jumping ). It took 5 weeks but healed itself and so avoided a major op. and long term recuperation. It is worth thinking about. I know vets do wonderful things but ops. are best avoided if at all possible . My dog was 5 years old at the time. Hope all goes well for you .

Oh that is really good news for your lab x) so happy to hear all went well for him xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It looks like the line we'll be going down also!

Sorry to hear Bella's unwell...

Get well soon, chuck, you momma needs you!

WOOOFS of thanks from Bella xoxoxoxoxoxo

well it is reasonably good news!
It seems the little lady has cartilage problems and if it's a tear also in her cruciate Brendan doesn't feel it's too bad......
so she is having the Rimadyl tabs and also an injection Cartophen once a week, she'll then be reassessed on the 16th December, so cross all paws by then she'll be ok!
She was very quiet and a bit off colour last night, i think the anaesthetic knocked her around, she decided to have snuggles with Grannie for about 1/2hr and left me a little wet present rolleyes
Meanwhile we have to keep her quiet..........please tell me how do i do this @) Last night she decided to open the sliding door before i realised i jumped up but no she charged down the 17 stairs, she was limping later :(
I'm going to buy her some more squeaky toys to play with outside to keep her entertained, she's so used to running around the backyard. Very hard to explain to her.

ha ha good luck with the keeping her restrained bit!! You have got no chance!

Really keeping everything crossed that shes ok x

Poor Bella everything is crossed here and daisy and millie send lots of get well woofs and doggy kisses to Bella.

Its not easy keeping a dog still, just try to keep everything locked.
Bless her heart we all send darling Bella get well vibes.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ha ha good luck with the keeping her restrained bit!! You have got no chance!

Really keeping everything crossed that shes ok x

erm yeah ................. you are soooooooooo right! rolleyes:x

after the temporary fence was chewed a few times and she escaped and ran riot thru the backyard............we've been reduced to putting up the old fencing from when she first came to us as a ickle pup! so very small area, BUT she is not limping cause of the non exercise, but oh is she being rather naughty when coming up stairs rolleyes:))
we'll get thru it but sheeeeeeeeesh 4 weeks please roll on quickly !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back