potty training

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kellyspiggies

my daughter she only turned 2 last month and she has been using the potty for 3 days now no nappies in the day so happy she look so cute in her knickers they so small lol just got to tackle the night time any advise how does it happen do they just start using the toilet at night or what how long should i wait till i take nappies away completely.

P

princessguinea

well, my best friend, has a 2 year old also. she lets her wear one at night coz shes still new to it all. and during the day, she encourages her with the potty.

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
Aawww... My nephews were like the same as Jo said, encouraged to use potty during the day and nappies/pull-ups at night til they get so used to using the potty on their own. Then slowly forget the nappies at night. But still be prepared for the occasional accident.

K

kellyspiggies

shes been dry for 3 days now but she hasnt done the big one yet, and she hasnt even done it for 2 days she gets bad constipation poor little one shes having a nap at the moment and i put a nappie on just b4 she fell asleep

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
Awww, I know that it took my nephews a while for the big one in the potty! LOL think it's just them having to get used to it as sometimes they are afraid of it happening!

P

princessguinea

yea, and you have to remember, their bladder muscles are still developing and arent at their strongest yet. good luck! ;)

bevs

Reaction score
This brings back memories of greeting hubby at the door on his return from work with a full potty saying "Look Daddy, POO" ;D And us dancing around the room singing "I'm a big kid now" cos that was the Huggies TV advert at the time

cashmincal

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I can't remember getting clean as my Nan was old fashioned in that approach, but my little cousin get clean shortly after her 3rd birthday.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
I potty train loads of kids at the nursery. You can usually tell if a child is ready for pants when they can tell you if they have a dirty nappy or have just wee'd.
Usually the kids wear a pull-up or something at night-time for when they go to bed but are changed away straight into pants in the morning so it doesn't confuse them. It annoys me when some parents let their kids stay in nappies and pants during the day cos thats when you see the most accidents because the child doesn't know whether they can or can't wee in their pants/nappy. At the nursery, we have had some kids do really well in pants then they will be off nursery for a week on holiday and when they come back the parents say "They stayed in a nappy all week cos we were on holiday" which then puts the child straight back to square one!
Just remember to keep asking your daughter at least every 15mins to start off with if she needs a wee and when she does a wee in the potty, give her rewards such as stickers. (They love the stickers!)
The pooing bit always comes after the weeing (well, it does usually!). I am sure you will have lots of wet and dirty accidents but in no-time your daughter will be absolutely fine! :D

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
I know what you mean by when the parents have them back - it's not the same entirely, but when we have our nephews over, they use their manners all the time and do not bicker. We also teach the younger one Lee, new words. But when they get home, it's all out of the window!

Kids without manners annoy me!

michellemuffin

Reaction score
ahh my little Grandaughter Kassidy is 2 and is also tackling potty training, she had a wee accident( get it wee) on my carpet today but only because mum left the potty in the car, daft mum, but she is getting quite good,
I have potty trained my 5 kids and all have been different, my one daughter did it in a day the 4 boys took a little longer with Liam he is now 17 I might add, once he did not wear nappies during the day he refused to wear them at night and was dry, my daughter took about a week at night, but she only ever wet the bed twice, my one tip is when she starts having dry nappys in the morning you know she can hold it all night, and I always left the potty next to their bed and they do use it, and then go onto the toilet once their confidence has improved, and never ever go back to nappies once you start potty training it confuses them, I found the pull ups fine for going out like in a long car journey, but not during the day, they probably feel too much like a nappy to them, again confusing them,
my eldest had a thing about pooing and he took the longest, but he is fine now well he is 25 in september, He would kill me for saying that ;D ;D

K

kellyspiggies

she is defintely out of nappies in the day now and she woke with a dry nappie today too

bevs

Reaction score
Great :) As Michelle said when they start to wake up dry too you know it's time to try taking away the night time nappies. Now comes the question, hmmm what do I spend the extra money on every week ;D

K

kellyspiggies

that £6 what shall i do with it lol
I'm starting childminding so it will be going to that

K

kellyspiggies

thankyou cant wait to start its going to take a few months to get registered but once I'm up and running its going to be great, its going to be hard work but most enjoyable

michellemuffin

Reaction score
I use to be a registered child minder and ,my first was a 6 week old girl called Katie she was such a sweetie but her parent were 98) :~D, they were both Psyciatric nurses and he was on drugs and an alcoholic, he kicked my dog and genrally thoguht i was a mat to walk all over, Katie use to cry when they came to pick her up,
I did it for about 5 years while my 2 eldest boys were younger but gave it up when I fell pregnant with Liam now 17, have fun hope you enjoy it, the kids are sweet but be aware of the parents
once mum took Katie to Drs she had a bad ear infection etc so she brought her round to me and went home for a bath huh, poor little mite she was'nt allowed digestive bics etc but she gave her trifle fingers ( full of sugar) mad as hatter the pair of them, Katie would now be 20, I wonder hows she doing often
i then looked after an assortment of other kids part time including a lovley dad who was bringing up 2 girls of 3 and 18 months alone after his wife died, I know the girls would have been fine and grew up well, but often wonder about Katie

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
kellyspiggies said:
thankyou cant wait to start its going to take a few months to get registered but once I'm up and running its going to be great, its going to be hard work but most enjoyable
You will need to take your NVQ Level 3 in childcare I think too! Any children which you have at home too will fit in your ratio numbers also. (Sorry you probably know all this! LOL) My mum was a childminder ages a go and I loved helping my mum out with the kids. That is why I am in a nursery now! Hows your interior design working going?

Status
Not open for further replies.