• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Preparing to Say Goodbye to Lockdown Hair

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
Like so many, I have struggled with my hair during lockdown. I was due to have it cut and coloured the week of lockdown. So I am long overdue a bit of a “do”.
I have rediscovered my natural colour (mousy brown liberally sprinkled with silver) as my purple segments faded out and my highlights grew out. And my normally neat and tidy short hair has been developing a life of its own as my fringe grew down past my eyes and reached the tip of my nose. I had to watch a Nicky Clarke tutorial on how to cut your fringe - nowhere near as easy as the hairdressers make it look. I ended up investing in Alice bands and hair grips to keep it out of my eyes.
Tomorrow morning at 9am I shall be in the hairdressers chair getting rid of months of split ends and dark(ish) roots. I am unbelievably excited about the prospect of getting up at the time I usually get up on a work day and trundling off to the salon. I have just been packing my bag ready for tomorrow as no food or drink supplied, no magazines etc. So I will take a flask of coffee, my iPad, Guinea Pig face mask, hand gel etc. Apparently I will be given my own disposable gown (probably made out of bin bag) and a disposable mask to wear in salon and take home to dispose of it. Going to be a different experience, but I can’t wait to say goodbye to my lockdown hair.

Sounds a nice treat. Enjoy yourself as much as you can with the different setup.

ps what does mousy brown hair look like? There are so many descriptions for hair colour I don’t get 😳 And are we allowed a before and after picture?...

I envy you Vicki, I was booked in for the 18th and usually go hairdressers every 6-7weeks. Thanks to many residents in Leicester who insist on mixing and who insist on having a big gathering to play cricket on the park right next to a police station, thanks to the textile business owner who has admitted that he didn't follow lockdown and made his staff come in to work, I have now had that appointment postponed as our hairdressers aren't allowed to open

10:15 on Tuesday is my day for the hairdresser :yahoo: :yahoo:

I have to take my own mask and gloves and I expect there will be disposable gowns.
My hair starts trying to curl when it gets too long so I have bits going in all directions now.
Counting the days.
Enjoy yourself @VickiA

It's weird I didn't think I would miss the hairdresser's however I am looking forward to getting an appointment and my hair colour done.

We are due to get married in 3 weeks, so I'll need to ensure my roots are done. 😂

Wow that's come around really quick. Have you been able to make the amendments needed to have the people you desperately want at the wedding?

Wow that's come around really quick. Have you been able to make the amendments needed to have the people you desperately want at the wedding?

My wedding was meant to be 16 people, instead we will have 8 people. To be honest I wanted to elope so this is a good compromise. This number maybe extended as phrase 3 begins, however I have accepted the number of 8 and if it does increase that's good news for our family as we where only ever having 16 people. My family dog, who will be there has also been diagnosed with Heart disease so I am glad we stuck as he is a massive part of my family, all being well he will still be with us and be able to join the celebrations.

We of course will be socially distanced and I have changed things meaning it won't be a traditional Wedding. For instance my dad won't walk me down the aisle he will be there, and my maid of hour will be there virtually instead of in person. For me it's about keeping everyone safe, and celebrating our wedding. It's saved a lot of arguements about who to invite. 🤣.

It's weird I didn't think I would miss the hairdresser's however I am looking forward to getting an appointment and my hair colour done.

We are due to get married in 3 weeks, so I'll need to ensure my roots are done. 😂
Congratulations

I can't wait for mine on 30th July..although a bit nervous. The hairdressers will be opening on the 13th and they already informed of their new set up because of Covid19. Just a bit bummed that they didn't set up for contactless payments and still just accepting cash. So I have to get enough cash from the machine beforehand. They are also doing patch test first for everyone with appointments for hair colour.

How was the new normal?
I felt completely safe. Only two clients in the salon at a time. Had temperature taken on arrival and had to put contact details in a book. Hairdresser wore a visor and kept each clients combs etc completely separate in babicide vessels. Aprons and gloves changed between clients and surfaces disinfected regularly.No drinks , magazines (most are rubbish anyway) although you can take your own. It was fabulous to do something near normal. 😁

I’m back.
It was a bit of a surreal experience but felt very safe. Hand sanitizer everywhere; only 3 stylists working in the salon; disposable mask and gown provided (like a festival poncho tbh that covered me and the chair); screens between work stations (but space also maintained with only alternate work stations in use); constant cleaning of chairs, sinks etc. Took my own flask of coffee and book to read. Poor stylists - the phone never stopped ringing; their computer was playing up and wouldn’t process card payments so we had to go and get cash and then go through all the sanitisation process again! It felt very safe and I actually feel so much better with my mane now tamed and looking salon sleek.
Not really one for selfies but for those who asked here’s the “after” photo.

Attachments

• 2A72A22F-A0FC-4C05-A493-A51CB4A2B65B.jpeg
    2A72A22F-A0FC-4C05-A493-A51CB4A2B65B.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 16
That looks fab Vicki! Wish I could cut mine like that...well I could but I’ll regret it in winter 😁 Peng as the youth say!

I’m back.
It was a bit of a surreal experience but felt very safe. Hand sanitizer everywhere; only 3 stylists working in the salon; disposable mask and gown provided (like a festival poncho tbh that covered me and the chair); screens between work stations (but space also maintained with only alternate work stations in use); constant cleaning of chairs, sinks etc. Took my own flask of coffee and book to read. Poor stylists - the phone never stopped ringing; their computer was playing up and wouldn’t process card payments so we had to go and get cash and then go through all the sanitisation process again! It felt very safe and I actually feel so much better with my mane now tamed and looking salon sleek.
Not really one for selfies but for those who asked here’s the “after” photo.
That looks great @VickiA :Dx

Back