• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

Present Ideas For Girls!

Hoppity.K

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That book looks great. Girl power Yeah! :love: From the pictures it's looks ideal for 8 or 9 year olds and they'll be able to take as much or as little from it as they can or want. x

Kallasia

Forum Donator 2017/18
Reaction score
What age range is it for? My niece is 8, 9 in April. Do you think it would be a bit old for her @Kallasia @Swissgreys
I've got this for my cousin who is 9 and my mum is getting it for another cousin who is 11. I'd say that as young as 5 could read it to be honest, especially with help from a grownup. As for upper age limit - there isn't one, it's perfectly gripping to read as an adult!

In my opinion it is most relevant for girls half way through primary to half way through secondary - since it's all about challenging the ideas that you should be a woman in need of a man, staying in the kitchen etc! Want to be an astronaut? Sure! Weightlifter? No problem! Writer? Archeologist? Pilot? Mathematician? It challenges the idea that all the interesting jobs are for boys and girls should stick to daycare and admin! I wish I would have had something like when I was little.

Here's a review on it if you want to read more:
Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls review – a real inspiration

Swissgreys

Staff member
Reaction score
What age range is it for? My niece is 8, 9 in April. Do you think it would be a bit old for her @Kallasia @Swissgreys
I think it would be perfect for your niece.
My 10 year old read it easily, and her English reading skills aren't amazing.
I am always trying to encourage her to read more in English (apparently it's much harder than German) and this was the perfect book for that.
The stories are short and interesting, so it isn't too overwhelming.