• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Problem with eye?

LucyP

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
Hi all

Just looking at Winnie tonight and noticed her eye looks different from normal.

There appears to be a clear-whitish string of something in one of her eyes. It moves about on the surface of her eye and looks like it could be removed but having very gently dabbed it with a damp pad I haven’t been able to remove it. One end of the ‘string’ is loose and moves around but the other end is not. Not sure if this is some kind of eye gunk/discharge or foreign material. It doesn’t look obviously like hay. It’s soft and flexible.

Some photos are below.

It doesn’t seem to be causing her any problems in herself.

She didn’t flinch at all when we tried to get to it.

I wonder if anyone had any thoughts at all? Obviously if it’s there tomorrow morning I’ll contact the vets although the usual ones are closed. I know with eyes you can see any vets.

thanks
Lucy

8933A4A4-D3B5-4156-95FC-E968664766AB.jpeg765DDAA5-EAE2-487B-A00B-7A51A5C7694F.jpeg

Could it be a small piece of hay? I’d get her in to have it removed.

Thanks for the reply! It doesn’t look or feel like hay but I guess it could be. I’ll have another look and see.

thanks again.

I had another look and it has worked it’s way out to the corner so I was able to remove it. The offending object was a hair that had some gunk on it. Crisis over I think! She’s happily munching a piece of pepper that she got as a reward for being so brave! F3DC0FDE-D2D4-4890-BCB2-D14C80AE89A2.jpeg

Back