Progress Already! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicquita

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Archie hasn't had the best start, and is a really skittish little guy. he's eight months old, and has spent a majority of his life in pretty bad conditions. he's been in an approximately 15" x 10" mouse cage for the last few weeks, and was previously living with two other boars of a similar age, who he fought with and has apparently had some 'wounds' from. i very much doubt if he's had human contact much. i've only had him for two days, but i've spent as much time with him as i can, putting his pevidine on his bald patches twice a day, and today he sat in his cosy to watch a film. this afternoon, he did something that shocked me completely. i went to put some food in his cage, and although he jumped when i opened it, he didn't run away, so i thought i'd try to give him some of the veggies i had...

DSC00185-1.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

DSC00191.jpg

DSC00192.jpg

i had to reach them out to him, but he took them, and didn't run off to hide. he's usually so skittish. i was worried it'd take a long time for him to trust me, but i think there's definitely more courage in my little man than i gave him credit for
xx>>>

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
aww bless him, I'm wondering if sometimes the process speeds up when you have to give them medicines/creams that make them feel better as Bumble has been a ton better with me since the baytril and metcam every day for 2 weeks lol

Glad he is making progress and I bet it won't be long before he's all over you :)

Nicquita

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i think medicine has something to do with it. my himi last year, Alfie, was absolutely the cuddliest thing ever. i think it was because of his impaction, as it meant he needed daily help toileting, so liked people because they took away his discomfort.

i have a Bumble xD the little girl i collected yesterday :)

Harriet7

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
yay

yay xx>>>he is so pretty is he a particular breed with the nose colouring :)

Harriet7

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
yay

yay xx>>>he is so pretty is he a particular breed with the nose colouring :) double post ?

Nicquita

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
yay xx>>>he is so pretty is he a particular breed with the nose colouring :) double post ?

he's a himalayan. they have my favourite colouration, and that was the reason i sought him out on preloved. he's a gorgeous little guy :)

Harriet7

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
he's a himalayan. they have my favourite colouration, and that was the reason i sought him out on preloved. he's a gorgeous little guy :)
Oooo very nice-himalayan i shall remember that

xx>>>:(|)

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
woooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooo x)
ahhhh bless him i'm so glad he knew 'the hand' was offering him some yummy treaties drool :))

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhhhhh x) isnt he a sweetie? Hope he continues to get better hes such a special little fella x)

Status
Not open for further replies.