• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Pumpkins all sizes £1 in asda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey&Gizmo

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I went to asda today and noticed they are selling a variety of pumpkins for £1bargain!

I bought one and will be carving him this week and then do a photo-shoot with the boys xx>>>

They had loads in the one by me and they where huge ones and small ones, everyone had one or more in their trolleys! I managed to squeeze mine into the bag for life and then carried it to the car :))

Ooh! I got one at the weekend :) I think I may buy another mid week though, we had two last year, one on the landing and one in the kitchen xx>>>

Ooooo I love pumpkin :)
Will be definetly picking one of those up today and making some of my yummy soup with it aswell as carving out a cool face.
I love the idea of a photo shoot though, might just have to get Reggie modelling too :))

Pumpkin soup.....syn free!
Ideal for Halloween.....Don't waste the pumpkin when * can use it for a lovely soup.

Nice and warming with a touch of curry spice.
If prepared with vegetable stock it will be Suitable for Vegetarians.

400g of pumpkin flesh, cut into cubes
1 large onion, chopped
1 large potato, peeled and cubed
1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 flat teaspoon of curry powder, mild or medium strength
salt and freshly ground pepper
2 pints of chicken or vegetable stock

Cut up all the ingredients into small chunks, add the stock and simmer on a medium light for 30-40 minutes or until everything is soft.
Transfer to a blender to make into a thick hearty soup

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...d&id=749772576

WOW! ;)
Just been to Asda and picked mine up, got a massssssiveee one for £1.
love how big or small they are and for same price.
x

Yeah it was fab :)
And normally the skin is not too good on them but this one is brill.
i would of got a bigger one if i could of carried it lol :(|)

Haha i was the same i manged to fit it into the basket and then carry it to the car by squeezing it into a bag for life!

I'm going to try to make the pumpkin soup. :)

Haha i was the same i manged to fit it into the basket and then carry it to the car by squeezing it into a bag for life!

I'm going to try to make the pumpkin soup. :)

Hehehe I kept seeing people walking round Asda with trollies rammed with them massive ones lol.
Hubby last night said "what an earth have you bought that for"?
I think he forgot that last year I made us some yummy soup with it plus also love the idea of having some piggy photos with the pumpkin too x

Our asda is selling out fast of the big ones, as i noticed lots of people rummaging about looking for big ones today, but there was none there. I'm glad i got mine early, today I'm going to attempt the soup making! :))

Our asda is selling out fast of the big ones, as i noticed lots of people rummaging about looking for big ones today, but there was none there. I'm glad i got mine early, today I'm going to attempt the soup making! :))

Hehehe I have been in again today and noticed the huge display of them they had yesterday is now very low compared to yesterday where they were piled high :)
So thanks for making this thread and reminding me to get myself one.

Do you know if guinea pigs can eat pumpkin or is it a big no no? x

Bought mine last night, along with a load of cut price veggies. Thought I only paid 50p for it though, I'll have to check my receipt.

Hehehe I have been in again today and noticed the huge display of them they had yesterday is now very low compared to yesterday where they were piled high :)
So thanks for making this thread and reminding me to get myself one.

Do you know if guinea pigs can eat pumpkin or is it a big no no? x

Yes they can eat pumpkin but not the seeds, my pigs dont like it but then they are fussy! :))

Yes they can eat pumpkin but not the seeds, my pigs dont like it but then they are fussy! :))

Hehehe, I might see if Reggie would care to try some. He loves coriander and today I bought him some parsley to have later! :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back