• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Queen & Adam Lambert

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosieCavy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I went to see Queen & Adam Lambert last Friday at the Barclaycard Arena in Birmingham and OH MY GOD it was just so AMAZING! I had never heard of Adam Lambert before but have fallen in love, he is so talented and has a very beautiful face (shame he bats for the other team!). Are there any other Queen or Adam Lambert fans on here? Or even anyone that went to the same concert?

I remember Adam from American Idol, my wife and I are big fans. Our daughter and son-in-law are going to watch them in Leeds next month. ;)

Saw them at Brum too with Mrs SB we were in Block 2 Row ee. I am a huge huge Queen fan especially the early 70's. I was really torn about watching them without FM and JD after seeing them with Paul Rodgers a few years ago BUT I thought the show was amazing, Lambert has a great voice and suited the music. I loved Lap of the Gods as it is from my favourite album but thought AL shone completely on Save Me and Who Wants to live forever. RT was amazing on the drums too :)

@BossHogg If you had a chance to go I would recommend it

@RosieCavy pm me if you want a link to streams of future concerts on the europe leg

I remember Adam from American Idol, my wife and I are big fans. Our daughter and son-in-law are going to watch them in Leeds next month. ;)

Your daughter and son-in-law will have an absolutely amazing time! I'm jealous of them!

Saw them at Brum too with Mrs SB we were in Block 2 Row ee. I am a huge huge Queen fan especially the early 70's. I was really torn about watching them without FM and JD after seeing them with Paul Rodgers a few years ago BUT I thought the show was amazing, Lambert has a great voice and suited the music. I loved Lap of the Gods as it is from my favourite album but thought AL shone completely on Save Me and Who Wants to live forever. RT was amazing on the drums too :)

@BossHogg If you had a chance to go I would recommend it

@RosieCavy pm me if you want a link to streams of future concerts on the europe leg

I was right at the front in standing, 3 rows back from the barrier. You know when Adam Lambert jumped down off the stage I was right there and about an inch from touching him! Unfortunately I'm a bit of a shorta** and so couldn't quite reach :( I thought the whole concert was amazing! Couldn't fault it! I keep watching videos of it on YouTube, I just can't get enough!

Your daughter and son-in-law will have an absolutely amazing time! I'm jealous of them!

I was right at the front in standing, 3 rows back from the barrier. You know when Adam Lambert jumped down off the stage I was right there and about an inch from touching him! Unfortunately I'm a bit of a shorta** and so couldn't quite reach :( I thought the whole concert was amazing! Couldn't fault it! I keep watching videos of it on YouTube, I just can't get enough!

Wow, bet that was a great view :) where you by the stage or round the catwalk area?

It was an absolutely amazing view :) I was on the right hand side of the catwalk just back from where it joined the stage. I only noticed yesterday that it was supposed to look like a Q where it came down from the big circle screen at the back of the stage, you don't really notice it when you're standing right next to it!

It was an absolutely amazing view :) I was on the right hand side of the catwalk just back from where it joined the stage. I only noticed yesterday that it was supposed to look like a Q where it came down from the big circle screen at the back of the stage, you don't really notice it when you're standing right next to it!

Wow! We were to the right and the view was decent for a big arena.

You been a Queen fan long?

I watched them on the New Year thing and was amazed then, am so jealous you got to see them live.

Wow! We were to the right and the view was decent for a big arena.

You been a Queen fan long?

I haven't been a fan too long really, I've always liked their music whenever I heard it on the radio or TV and had a good ol' sing along but it wasn't until 3 or 4 months ago that I really got into them. My partner has always been a big fan and he just happened to download their Greatest Hits album last year on his phone and I just got hooked! Wish I'd been alive when Freddie Mercury was in the band!

How about you?

Since I was around 10 (I am 37 now) :)) I saw the Wembley gig on tv and loved it, then I told my Bro about them (he is 15 years older than me) and he said he used to listen to Queen in 70's and gave me all his old LP's :) Hooked since then...
Montreal is an excellent concert and you can get it on DVD, highly recommend it and if you want to hear early stuff live Queen at Rainbow was released this year and has great footage on it.

I fell in love with Adam Lambert when he first appeared on Glee and have only heard great things from him since, He is so well suited with Queen. Even my Dad who is the biggest critic ever agreed he was the best replacement ever for Freddie Mercury (this is after he said nobody could replace Freddie Mercury). Haven't got tickets to their shows but am hearing very good things from people who have been. Who would believe Adam Lambert was originally a winner of American Idol!

I fell in love with Adam Lambert when he first appeared on Glee and have only heard great things from him since, He is so well suited with Queen. Even my Dad who is the biggest critic ever agreed he was the best replacement ever for Freddie Mercury (this is after he said nobody could replace Freddie Mercury). Haven't got tickets to their shows but am hearing very good things from people who have been. Who would believe Adam Lambert was originally a winner of American Idol!

I saw him on Glee as well, I love that show! I always call him Starchild now whenever I talk about him :) I was quite apprehensive about him when I first heard he was singing with Queen but he is just amazing and I love how he doesn't try to be Freddie Mercury, he is just himself. I think he was actually runner up on American Idol, couldn't believe he didn't win! Especially when I watch videos on YouTube of who did win..!

Yep, Adam was runner up on season 8, Kris Allen won, sad I know, I was a big American Idol fan back in the day when the judges were Simon, Randy and Paula. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back