• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Question for Artists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carma Violet

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Question for Artists

I often have a problem with protecting the corners of my art pads when transporting and storing them, finding that they very soon get rounded, knocked and dirty. I was wondering if anyone is interested in testing out some prototype corner protectors for artpads.

They fit pretty much all sizes of pads, and are adjustable so if you gradually remove sheets over time the protectors adjust to fit.

They also prevent the ingress of dirt and muck, and 'dog-earing' While working.

I am just trying to find out how much need there is for an item like this. I would love to know of any other uses for them too :).

-Carma

hello carma! my darling loving girlfriend is an artist/art student at uni I'm sure she could test some for you :)

hello!
:))
I also use a portfolio for my artpads (i have two sizes one A4 one A1) to store and when travelling with my pads and paper. I use sommerset paper and always want it to keep in tip top condition as its £4 a sheet! So i find portfolios are the best method for myself. :)I think the corners would be a fab idea for artpads and paper....do you make them yourself?

Yeah, I am hoping too... We have a workshop in my work place, and hopefully the right kind of scrap metal, someone here apparently can powder coat them too. The fastening mechanism is going to be the most tricky part, and will probably change over the next few months. The prototype is going to use a very crude mechanism, which I am hoping to find a better solution too... But it's more the fact of if it actually works that I want to solve.

I find that portfolios tends to be the way people solve the problem, but they tend to be bigger than the pads and movement can still cause the deteriation of corners. I reckon the biggest advantage would be the prevention of 'dog-earing' during work. But this first mechanism will probably cause snagging of sleeves to start with. Need to iron thatbit out in the future for that reason

Thanks for the help guys! Will keep you posted!

- Carma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back