Question of the day (not guinea pig related)

Swissgreys

Staff member
Reaction score
So the question of the day is will Switzerland be added to the UK quarantine list this afternoon?

I was due to travel to the UK next Tuesday, but if Switzerland is added to the quarantine list today than we will have to leave tomorrow.
It's always nice to start a trip with a load of last minute changes, packing, and planning, so I am more than a little stressed right now. :eek:

On the plus side the guinea pigs and rabbits have all had a full cage clean, even though Ruby was super grumpy about it becasue her favorite slave wasn't here to hold her, so she was unceremoniously dumped into the washing basket instead. I got a lovely nip for me efforts too :))

Qualcast&Flymo

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Best of luck, whichever way it goes. I'd say I hope it doesn't happen, but I presume people are thinking it is likely because the rates in Switzerland have reached some set threshold.
I just read on swissinfo.ch though that you already have to quarantine if you fly from Switzerland to Scotland...

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
So the question of the day is will Switzerland be added to the UK quarantine list this afternoon?

I was due to travel to the UK next Tuesday, but if Switzerland is added to the quarantine list today than we will have to leave tomorrow.
It's always nice to start a trip with a load of last minute changes, packing, and planning, so I am more than a little stressed right now. :eek:

On the plus side the guinea pigs and rabbits have all had a full cage clean, even though Ruby was super grumpy about it becasue her favorite slave wasn't here to hold her, so she was unceremoniously dumped into the washing basket instead. I got a lovely nip for me efforts too :))
The little monkey! Hope your travel plans go well, good luck! You just never know what’s happening until the last minute x

Swissgreys

Staff member
Reaction score
Best of luck, whichever way it goes. I'd say I hope it doesn't happen, but I presume people are thinking it is likely because the rates in Switzerland have reached some set threshold.
I just read on swissinfo.ch though that you already have to quarantine if you fly from Switzerland to Scotland...
Scotland added Switzerland last Thursday, and the infection rates here are through the roof right now.
We have gone from around 20 cases a day to almost 400 a day in just under 2 months.
It's hardly surprising given that night clubs, gyms, pools, etc are open, and there are no mask requirements for shops, etc. although it is is slowly changing in view of the sky rocketing infection rates (Basel introduced them on Monday and Zurich introduced them today).

To be honest I think the UK would be crazy not to add Switzerland, but on a personal note life would be easier for me if they didn't.
It is frustrating becasue I have been so careful, and becasue we live in a rural area it is easy to socially distance, I have been wearing masks (even thought they aren't a requirement), etc. so it is hard to see people acting so irresponsibly and undoing all of the good we initially achieved with lock down.

Qualcast&Flymo

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I just read in the Telegraph online that Switzerland has indeed been added to the list of countries whose travellers will have to quarantine on arrival. Though the same paper also says that quarantine isn't exactly being enforced, so is verging on pointless (unless returning travellers are being very obedient I guess!).

Swissgreys

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like you’ll be arriving in Blighty tomorrow then @Swissgreys. Good luck to you with your sudden change of arrangements and hope that your daughter will be OK with the bringing forward of the plans x
Indeed we will, and my daughter is thrilled.
She can't get there soon enough, and I must confess I am not too upset about having to spend a couple of days in London.
I love Switzerland, but I do miss the UK too.
And at least we have flights - the poor woman I spoke to at Swiss airlines tonight said I was the first person not to scream at her or cry at her in over an hour - she said so many people are blaming her that there are just no flights available for at least 48 hours, as if she can somehow magic a plane out of nowhere.

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
Indeed we will, and my daughter is thrilled.
She can't get there soon enough, and I must confess I am not too upset about having to spend a couple of days in London.
I love Switzerland, but I do miss the UK too.
And at least we have flights - the poor woman I spoke to at Swiss airlines tonight said I was the first person not to scream at her or cry at her in over an hour - she said so many people are blaming her that there are just no flights available for at least 48 hours, as if she can somehow magic a plane out of nowhere.
Hope it all goes well. Enjoy your few extra days in London. Shopping. Mooching. Half price dining on Monday due to Dishy Rishi...

Qualcast&Flymo

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Hope you have a decent journey and enjoy your extra days in the metropolis. Are you visiting anywhere interesting whilst you are here, or is it work- related?