• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Questions to ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have just had a phone call from a man who would like me to look after his 2 rabbits. I am writing up a list of questions to send him in an email which I will also ask him to sign when he gets here to show he agrees with it.
I have included
Do they normally dig?
When/how much are they fed?
Do they have medication?
How long do they normally go out in the run, weather permitting?
Genders of Rabbits
Names

Can you think of anymore questions I should ask the owners?
I will also add a bit at the bottom saying that if the rabbits become ill during their stay I will take them to the vets and the vet fees will be added to the bill.
The rabbits are bringing their own hutch and main food, I will provide the hay and vegetables.
I did have a list of questions saved on my computer from when I first started small pet holiday care but my computer broke and it got deleted :(

He said on the phone that normally they eat carrots :)

Thank you :) I've offered to send them photos of the garden and the run and things like that, I just hope the snow doesn't stop them, we haven't got any snow here yet but I think we might have some next week :(
I'm so excited :) I've always wanted a rabbit but I've never been able to have one so it will be great to look after some for 3 weeks! :))

May be you could ask for the name and address of the mans own vet. The reason I say that is because when my piggies stayed in a boarding hotel, the owner asked me the name and address of my vet saying that if they did need vet treatment, she would try and take them to my own vet :)

Thank you for all the help :) I sent the form to them and they've filled it in and sent it back. The 2 rabbits are coming to stay with me on the 17th December for 3 weeks! :)

They sent me photos of the rabbits and they are so cute! I'm really excited now. They are either going to get here next Sunday or sometime that week! :))

My first question would be:

Are they vaccinated? and wormed?

Ditto, you need to see their vaccination certificates to ensure they can't be carrying myxi etc, and a disclaimer saying if they contract such things while in your care you cannot be held responsible.

You need the details of their vet or a signature for them agreeing they can be taken to yours.

And I would want them to sign something saying if they die of hypothermia it isn't your fault - surely they should be inside now?!

I am closed for winter as I have no outside space, and if I won't keep my guineas outside in winter, there is no way I will keep someone elses outside.

It is up to their owners where they live. They said if the weather gets cold I could move them into the garage, which I will do, and they have a cover as well as blankets etc. so they will be warm enough.

I think you just need to look at where they are being kept now and match it. You don't want to keep them too warm as the cold will affect them more when they go back.

Rabbits are alot hardier than guinea pigs so as long as they have plenty of straw and hay and are kept dry, they will be fine outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back