• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Rabbit With Head Tilt, Do I Let Her Fall Over Or Try To Help Her?

TheLottiediarys

Teenage Guinea Pig
Hi guys,
some might know that Floppsy our rabbit is poorly with a suspected Parasite, its caused her to have Head Tilt and balance issues,

Shes been very unbalanced today, Keeps falling onto her side and rolling around frantically to try to get upright, my question is this:

When she falls like this should i try to help her or do i sit back and let her work it out herself?
On the one hand I'm worried about her falling on her head and suffocating herself, and its just heartbreaking to watch her flail around trying to get up,

But I don't know if trying to sit her up myself when this happens is making it worse for her, I know these issues can last weeks while she gets better so I don't know if she needs to work it out herself?

Any advice is appreciated.

Hoppity.K

Adult Guinea Pig
Oh I’m so sorry to hear this is happening up Floppsy. I’m also sorry cos I’m not experienced in this I’m afraid . But I’m offfering support & healing vibes to dear Floppsy.
Huge hugs :wub: x