• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Rabbits being a pain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gothchick1515

Punkin is our only non neutered bunny and she keeps DIGGING! we put a big peice of mesh down but she gets through!,i no its natural but i keep falling into there holes, and we cant use the runs for them because they belong to the pigs. then theres flic who hides in the burrow as well and shes neutered! Bobbin is being a mega b**** keeps attacking me because we cant let her out when P&F are out (they fight) she also has diarrohea and theres tonnes of flies in their shed which means we need a fly zapper, Punkin keeps gettin in the house! even when we are watching her she is JUST SO FAST! and harry is in love he keeps trying to get to punkin even when i tell him shes not the same species as him!

we are getting her(Punkin) neutered soon though then she will calm down and we will all be happy, hopefully we can get her, Bob and Flic back to livin to gether!

sorry had to get that ranting off my chest! :) anyone else have rabbits and no what I'm talking about! i love them to death but they so irritate me! x

aww, they sound like a right handful! I have had bunnies in the past, but they've been small-ish ones.

Digging comes natural to them.

i no it comes natural but when i go flying i wish they would forget it!

they are more than a handful imagine picking up a chubby baby thats about how heavy they feel especially flic shes HUGE! i can hold the pigs in one hand but it takes a craddled arm for them! luckily the sun makes them sleepy so they are less curipus today they just sleep in the sunshine x

LOL

They sound ever so cute! My bunnies used to love sunbathing!
I've got a piccie of one of them somewhere, Barney.

He drowned in my dad's pond! :(

Oh that sounds horrible for you! our rabbits are realitivly healthy touch wood *touches table* they just had the odd bit of diarraho but apparantly its attention seeking (according to their vet)! which makes sense cos bobbin is for ever doing it and shes lonely but we are making steady progress with a reunion today we had Bobbin in Zubins run (he was in the hutch very peed i might add!) and then Flic in Harrys (He was in the old hutch again peed!) they where ok actually which make me and abby go :o but its early days yet rabbits are so terriotarial (sp) imagine 5 adult boars in a cage then double the blood shed that was a small attack! i love them but some days its annoying bunny after annoying bunny lol x

Lol when they where babies they where so cuddly little bundles of fluff but then they got hormonal and now you tear your hair out! and they run free in the garden so catching thems a bloomin nightmare especially for me I'm so chubby x

if your bun has diarrohea please make sure she is kept spotless because flys will lay eggs on her and she will end up with fly strike a most evil thing, in fact I had it happen to my darling shaney, friday she had a bath by sunday she was rushed to the vet and was being eaten by maggots, she died from such a big wound which literally happened within hours, because of it I no longer keep rabbits and have a real deep hatred of flys my 2 pig sheds have the biggest fly zappers ever, and I freak if I have one indoors I have now fly zappers every where because the fly spray I was using was too strong and I was using so much of it,
PLEASE PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR BUNNY AND HUTCH ARE SPOTLESS,
its something i would'nt want another bun or you to go through,

we have a friend who bunny kept diggin holes and burying her self, one day she disapeared and they believe she had buried her self and could'nt get out, so its a worry what about putting chicken wire on the floor of a run for her so she cannot dig, or slabs,

We have bathed her everyday my mum is the same as you Michelle she hates flies and she loves the buns more then the pigs so they are her proity please dont worry, if theres anysign they have flies near we take them indoors and they stay in cat baskets until the shed it clean, we need a zapper but my mum doesnt no where they sell them and says she wont buy one offo f ebay because she is worried it might be faulty if its second hand. as for the run, they dont have one the garden is their run, Bobbin has dissappeared down a hole once which is why they had a fight in the first place, we have wire across any exsisting holes so they are being more behaved and Punkin is due to be neutered soon and they seem to stop after a couple of months of this x

Good question i would say no if they are cleaned regularly x

We have a few flies in the flat and i was just a little worried.

I have just bought one of those blinds that you put over the door today so that should stop them getting in.

indoor pets are also at risk from fly strike - its less likely to get as bad, but it can happen.

Citronella candles and oils are good at keeping them at bay. Flies hate the smell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back