• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Raising rescue funds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cavykind

Maybe I am getting older but I can'd be bothered with all the fund raising to help the rescue that I used to do ::)
There was a time when we would organise boot sales, stalls at fetes, etc, now I'm more inclined to dig into the bank account....To be honest I'd rather do a couple of shifts for the nursing agency...and that is saying something.

I'm doing a Tarot party next week and that is in aid of the rescue pigs, it will pay for a recent neuter with money to spare :)
But my days of standing behind a stall, are I fear over.

Interested to know how other rescues raise funds, or people who support them do?
I need some inspiration.

what i use is Football cards which has 60 football teams on

i do 20p a team £6 for the winner and £6 for the rescue
also we do sometimes 50p a team with a £15 for the winner

i have a couple here if you want a couple

I know what you mean, I tend to just dig into my pocket. I just cant be bothered with standing at a stall and selling stuff. Plus I never get the time!

How about selling things on Ebay that you or friends dont want ? Just an idea :)

what about a charity photo contest?

animals etc

people pay to enter, I have entered cat pictures before would love to do a guinea pig one. ;D ;D

karen

Got a group of guinea loving ladies in your area - you could do a WI style calendar with guineas, water bottles & hutches etc in strategic places!

Thank you everyone, I especially like the WI style calendar idea...it's got my mind running riot now ;D
What a thought, but what a laugh it would be to do.

Jillybean said:
Got a group of guinea loving ladies in your area - you could do a WI style calendar with guineas, water bottles & hutches etc in strategic places!

Not sure if I would ever want to take part but that is a FAB idea! ;D

Just want to make it clear that I didn't say I would either! I'd die of embarrassment. :-[

Jillybean said:
Just want to make it clear that I didn't say I would either! I'd die of embarrassment. :-[

Now come on...it was your idea :)
I thought you might be willing to submit a pic, say maybe something for the front of said calendar ;)
You could end up in the window of WH Smiths!

cavykind said:
Jillybean said:

I thought you might be willing to submit a pic, say maybe something for the front of said calendar ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I dont mind standing behind a huge hutch with my head sticking out above it ! I would wear a smile ! ;D

cavykind said:
Jillybean said:

I'm full of good advice for everyone else! Do you think the people just strip off then pose or are they wearing itsy bitsy clothing? The thought of just dropping everything and then finding out the props were in the wrong place. NO WAY!

I knew someone once who wanted to do something like this. It worked for the WI ladies because it was a novelty thing, its been done so much now its a bit old hat. At the end of the day people are far more likely to buy a cute piggy calendar etc than they are one of semi naked women. You have got to ask yourself would you put it on your wall? Not sure I would. So therefore I have a feeling that people might spend more making it than they actually raise.

Barmy4boars said:
I knew someone once who wanted to do something like this. It worked for the WI ladies because it was a novelty thing, its been done so much now its a bit old hat. At the end of the day people are far more likely to buy a cute piggy calendar etc than they are one of semi naked women. You have got to ask yourself would you put it on your wall? Not sure I would. So therefore I have a feeling that people might spend more making it than they actually raise.

I think it was just a suggestion made in fun and I don't believe any of us seriously thought about actually doing it ;)

That said, I reckon their are plenty of hot blooded (okay... sad middle aged men) who would pay good money to have a picture of me on their kitchen wall with only a couple of strategically placed piggies hiding my modesty ;D

Barbara :)

I think it was just a suggestion made in fun and I don't believe any of us seriously thought about actually doing it

That said, I reckon their are plenty of hot blooded (okay... sad middle aged men) who would pay good money to have a picture of me on their kitchen wall with only a couple of strategically placed piggies hiding my modesty

Barbara

Phew cool. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back