Ratties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all,
the last few months i have been venturing into a small animal shelter so have had lots of needy little furries coming in.

i only had my original 2 rats to start with and a few others that i had kept which have now sadly passed away,
i do still have Jazz though who is my senior rattie.

I did a rescue recently of 8 rats who were due to be snake food,but couldnt fit in his freezer as he already had to many 8..., the guy was selling off all of his reptiles and rats and getting out of breeding so it was ok to save them.

In the rescue were

mumma and papa, 2 older babies,3 younger babies and mum was pregnant again,
tony (partner) picked them up in his truck as it was on the way of one of his runs and 6 hours from here and i couldn't get there.
The mum gave birth in the truck but only to one baby as she has been severly overbred and now produces tiny litters.
thankfully newborn or star as we named it made it the trip back and is now a 3 week old rattie.
Mumma had not gotten pregnant again thankfully as she was still in with papa and her older sons when they arrived ,so no more babies which is great.

here are some pics of them all over the last few weeks,mum and one female are going to a guinea pig shelter that i have adopted from and papa and one young male are going to another guinea pig shelter that ive also adopted from.

i am keeping the baby that was born in the truck to befriend my lone rat Jazz, and ill also keep the little girl that gave my cindy(RIP) a few weeks of happiness before she died as she is special to me.

I only have 2 males named Hendrick and Hans to adopt out now.

quite good considering i have 1 adult male rat and one adult female mouse and her 6 bubs arriving next week.

Star when she was first born and now

mumma and 3 slightly older bubs before the boy was seperated

papa

hendrick and hans

i know they are white with red eyes which does scare some people but these rats are just to beautiful to be reptile food, I'm glad they got a second chance

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
x) x) Beautiful! They all look like cheeky characters :))

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
ahhhhhhhhh good on you Bonnie and Tony too for picking them up! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lovely to see your beautiful helper again x)xoxo

Hope you find a wonderful forever home for the boys, they are rather cute, seem very inquisitive :))

MrsM

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh... nice story... As you know I'm not a rattie person but Star looks like a little character! And Ava is growing up nicely and more beautiful each time. All are a real credit to you, Bonnie!

Status
Not open for further replies.