Readigrass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just bought a bag of readigrass for the first time, and it is a huge hit with the boys!

Is it OK to give them a handful every day or two whilst they aren't able to go out on the lawn in the winter, or is it something that I should feed more sparingly?

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
A small amount daily should be fine, it is quite rich and piggies will generally eat it all until it is gone!

BellasMummy

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have heard it is quite high in calcium so should be given spraringly. I got sent a sample so gave it to my girls and did notice increased calcium in their wee.

flips

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I give my girls a handful sprinkled over their normal hay 2-3 times a week. I've also been told it's high in calcium so I don't give it more often. :)

Howard&Vince

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Do you know where I can source some from as my local pet store does not sell it! Thanks x

Joey&Gizmo

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Do you know where I can source some from as my local pet store does not sell it! Thanks x

You could email friendship estates and ask them for a sample and then ask them where your local supplier is.

I found out that mine isnt far from me and is in the same place where i go to the vets! I just didnt know.

:)

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Animal Magic Pet Supplies have it on sale at the moment, I just bought a couple of bags!

Reaction score
Jimmy and George go mad for it, they have a handful a couple of times a week inside a tissue box that they love to toss about until all the readigrass has fallen out:)

hayley1176

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I bed mine on Readigrass as recommended by the rescue that I got them from and Vedra of Cambridgeshire Cavy Trust - I have never been told that it should be used sparingly :{

lily 74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I give mine a large handfull of it once a day (that is to feed 5) is this ok? 8:)

Esther x

I feed a handful every other day to three piggies, I must admit I have noticed their wee is whiter..

The love it, and it smells wonderful but I do limit it hope I'm not over feeding it:(

Craig David

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i give mine everyday didnt think it was a problem... the rodentologist i use, feeds it instead of hay? x

Status
Not open for further replies.