Really disheartened now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Why do people have to be so horrible :(
As me and 2 friends are trying to raise funds for charities close to us (as well as the skydive) we have be asking companies&shops etc for any donations they could possibly spare.
One obnoxious woman on ebay has just sent me some horrible emails.
Saying I'm begging and she's going to report me and that don't I think human charities need it more. Well I'm actually quite aware of the issues in this world, and I do plan on fundraising for human charities that are close to my heart in the future.

We have had such positive feed back from so many people! Iv'e already had 30+ people on ebay willing to donate and many who already have.
Why did she have to be so horrible. It's really put me on a downer now, I'm only trying to do my little bit for these animals :( Is that so bad.
She's obviously such a horrible person, theres no need to talk to someone the way she did to me just then. Many places have said no but have declined in a nice way just simply saying sorry we can't help at this time or that they already do a lot of charity work. Thats fine I accept that.
I feel like I'd be pestering companies now :( But with such a great response already... I don't know :( :'( :'(

Astral Heart

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
There are always people like that everywhere you go. Animals don't have a voice in this human dominated world, so you are doing a great job raising funds to help them. Don't let that one person dishearten you, when you are doing so well, just take the rough with the smooth. Blank the bad and concentrate on the good.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thankyou :(
Just makes me feel like what I'm doing is just rubbish.
What she doesn't know or failed to ask is that my next fundraising thingy will be for a heart charity. As I lost my dad 4 years ago, he was only 40. People like that obviously have no feelings for anything, animals need people, they can't help themselves. At least I know there are people out there who are behind us and willing to help. Stupid woman!

Sarah from Chucklebunnies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Don't be disheartened, don't give up. Please keep raising money and awareness, both for animal and human charities. How are you on ebay? What is it you're doing on there and can you post up a link?

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
how very rude, i think i would report her for abuse!

Please dont give up, think about what you are doing and who its for.

What are you doing out of interest, other than skydiving?

Well done to you and your friends x

Reaction score
Don't be disheartened, don't give up. Please keep raising money and awareness, both for animal and human charities. How are you on ebay? What is it you're doing on there and can you post up a link?

We have just been asking (very nicely) if any of the ebay stores can spare anything for our fundraiser. A lovely lady who paints offered us 3 gorgeous pictures! another sent us 50 dog toys, others have sent boxes of childrens things, hand made items etc. That gives me some comfort that there are still nice people out there who do actually care for animals, and for charity work.
Other shops in our local area have offered us donations which is sooo nice of them. I'll keep going! Not going to let her ruin it!

Reaction score
how very rude, i think i would report her for abuse!

Please dont give up, think about what you are doing and who its for.

What are you doing out of interest, other than skydiving?

Well done to you and your friends x

We are planning a sponsored shark dive! Argh! I'm currently making up a box of donations for our local rabbit&guinea pig rescue. Will be planning lots more. I guess every little helps :)

Sarah from Chucklebunnies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
PM me with your address and I'll send you some Chucklebunnies stuff. I suppose the advantage with that is - if you can't sell it then the piggies at a rescue can use it anyway!

HairlessWillow7

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
There are mean people like that wherever you are. Don't pay any mind to her, she sounds like a horrible person.

You're doing something very good, so well done :)

Reaction score
Chin up babes & carry on doing what you're doing its wonderful...i applaud you x)

Reaction score
PM me with your address and I'll send you some Chucklebunnies stuff. I suppose the advantage with that is - if you can't sell it then the piggies at a rescue can use it anyway!

Thats really kind of you! I'm in one of those moods that it made me fill up! Haha :(. Well I'm still new on here so not sure if i can pm or get them. I could email? Thanks again :)

Reaction score
:)
There are always people like that everywhere you go. *****Animals don't have a voice in this human dominated world**** so you are doing a great job raising funds to help them. Don't let that one person dishearten you, when you are doing so well, just take the rough with the smooth. Blank the bad and concentrate on the good.

I think that one sentance says it all :)
Please don't feel that you have to give up, you're doing a great job x

Reaction score
The fact that so many others have supported you just shows how many people do think it's a great cause. Sure there are many people suffering but just as many animals. A life is a life. She may as well be saying not to raise money for domestic violence because children in need need it!

Silly woman, you should be proud!

P.s. Skydive bloody hell, BRAVE!

Reaction score
Thankyou :(
Just makes me feel like what I'm doing is just rubbish.
What she doesn't know or failed to ask is that my next fundraising thingy will be for a heart charity. As I lost my dad 4 years ago, he was only 40. People like that obviously have no feelings for anything, animals need people, they can't help themselves. At least I know there are people out there who are behind us and willing to help. Stupid woman!

Bless you hun, I would also point this out to her and ask her, in future, to politely decline and leave it at that, She has no idea whether or not you have done any other fund raising events in the past! Grrrr x

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
How rude! But dont worry, i've had that answer before! i've raised over £800 for various charities since i was 12, for so many charities from breast cancer awareness, butterwick childrens hospice to the RSPCA, and other animal charities. I remember once when we raising money for the RSPCA some rude bloke and his wife came over saying how disgusting it was to raise all the money for animals when the money could go towards 'starving children in africa', ughhh! Some people!

I dont think your pestering at all, its lovely raising money and animals need it just as much as people! Keep up the good work! Well done! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.