• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Members' Recommended Vets

I'd like to recommend our vets:

Wendover Heights Veterinary Centre (Halton branch, HP22 5PN)

Nixie has been having some trouble with a URI and has seen Jenny and Maddie. Both said all the things I would expect to hear and clearly knew their stuff about guinea pigs (dog metacam without even asking!). I would recommend these vets to anyone in the Aylesbury/Wendover/Princes Risborough area 👍🏻

Just wanted to recommend Manor Vets in Birmingham (the Edgbaston practice is where their exotic team is based, and they have a 24/7 practice in Halesowen that can be used for any out of hours emergencies). Their exotic team are brilliant and every time I have been they have shown that they are very knowledgeable about guinea pigs. In particular, Mikel is fantastic and I have never been to a better vet for my pigs and seems to be the most knowledgable about them in the team (I'm pretty sure he said he has pet guinea pigs of his own too!). In addition to their knowledge, everyone there is so lovely and kind, and it's nice to see how passionate they are about the animals in their care.

I can recommend Manor Vets (Edgebaston branch), located in Birmingham (UK). The team is really good and truly cares for the pets and owners. If you have the chance and ever need I would especially recommend you ask for the vet Mikel Gonzales, truly one of the best exotic vet we ever encountered.

Just wanted to recommend Manor Vets in Birmingham (the Edgbaston practice is where their exotic team is based, and they have a 24/7 practice in Halesowen that can be used for any out of hours emergencies). Their exotic team are brilliant and every time I have been they have shown that they are very knowledgeable about guinea pigs. In particular, Mikel is fantastic and I have never been to a better vet for my pigs and seems to be the most knowledgable about them in the team (I'm pretty sure he said he has pet guinea pigs of his own too!). In addition to their knowledge, everyone there is so lovely and kind, and it's nice to see how passionate they are about the animals in their care.
LOL just so this and totally agree!

I can recommend Manor Vets (Edgebaston branch), located in Birmingham (UK). The team is really good and truly cares for the pets and owners. If you have the chance and ever need I would especially recommend you ask for the vet Mikel Gonzales, truly one of the best exotic vet we ever encountered.
Thank you ladies. Just came here as vets seems to move round and I am after cavy savy vet to neuter my boy! One of my piggies had complicated surgery at Amicus vet, which is meant to be great exotic vet. Unfortunately, my boy didn't survive (he had a lot of issues due to inbreeding), so can't go back as it brings bad memories...

The vet who did Penny's spay has left Taylor and Marshall vets and they don't have any plans to recruit another vet who is experienced with guinea pigs. Does anyone have any recommendations for vets in the Shropshire area? I don't mind travel to further afield ones but it's getting there before they close if it's an evening appointment.
did you manage to find out a good vets in the shropshire area? my guinea pig may need a spay so I'm looking around too for someone experienced.

I also had a pig spayed by the vet at Taylor and Marshall just before she left, it was such a shame, she was great.
We now go to James Meredith at Market Town Vets, he is usually located in Oswestry but does the occasional day in Shrewsbury too. I can’t say how much experience he has with spaying, but I have always been happy with his knowledge of Guinea pigs. If one of my pigs needed a spay I would go to him. Good luck, I hope it all goes well.

I also had a pig spayed by the vet at Taylor and Marshall just before she left, it was such a shame, she was great.
We now go to James Meredith at Market Town Vets, he is usually located in Oswestry but does the occasional day in Shrewsbury too. I can’t say how much experience he has with spaying, but I have always been happy with his knowledge of Guinea pigs. If one of my pigs needed a spay I would go to him. Good luck, I hope it all goes well.
thank you for the recommendation but i have now booked her in with White cross vets in Wolverhampton. She seems knowledgable in guinea pigs and she even has some of her own so i feel confident in her . :)

We've only been to the vets once since Penny's spay thankfully and we used Severn Edge Vets in Much Wenlock but saw the Broseley vet. This was with Taz's respiratory issues. He seemed quite knowledgeable, can't remember his name though.

I hope the spay goes well at White Cross vets.

Can The small pet vet in Lincolnshire be added please 🙏 didn’t see her then but she works with a lot of rescues (masons cavies etc) and she’s very nice

Can The small pet vet in Lincolnshire be added please 🙏 didn’t see her then but she works with a lot of rescues (masons cavies etc) and she’s very nice
That's great yo hear she works with a lot of rescues. Masons Cavies isn't actually a rescue though.

I don't often post on this thread, but I wanted to recommend a vet for guinea pig spays in Braintree, Essex. I have previously had to be referred for spays, but a current vet at my practice spays, and has a good reputation. I had no issues with my piggy's recent spay by him:
Iliya Mladenov
Vets4Pets
Charter Way
Braintree CM77 8YJ

Back