1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement
  3. With Warm Weather predicted in the UK - Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Recommended Vets

Discussion in 'Health & Illness' started by squeakypigs, Jul 26, 2006.

1. sport_billy

sport_billy Administrator
    Staff Member

Will get these added to the locators this evening :) Thanks

2. sport_billy

Staff Member

All added!

Nina likes this.
  3. KevinandCharlie

KevinandCharlie Teenage Guinea Pig

I'm from Dersingham! I did no know this so thanks! I take my pigges to medi vet south wootton. I did go to coastal once and saw the male vet but he didn't seem to no much about piggies

4. KevinandCharlie

KevinandCharlie Teenage Guinea Pig

Which one in lynn is that?

5. Nina

Nina Junior Guinea Pig

If it was Chris, he runs the practise. He's fantastic, we run a dog rescue and he's been unbelievable with them all. But he's also been on paternity leave a couple of times recently so it may have been the male locum that was covering?

I'd definitely recommend Fiona with the guinea pigs - I've just had my two boys castrated and everything went so smoothly. If you have rabbits or guinea pigs she's the best person to ask for. Clare is also good with piggies, but I think that's more from personal experience - she treated my boy with the beginning of bumble foot as Fiona was away. Again smooth as anything.

If they were ever both away or it was an emergency I can personally vouch for Chris though, we've had upto 24 rescues (very small dogs) in the house over the past couple of years and he is absolutely fantastic. He's saved both of my two dogs lives over the past couple of years too. As far as vets go, he's brilliant and will always put the needs of the animal first. Obviously not piggy specific, but always good to know if you're in the same village!

6. piggie smitten

piggie smitten Junior Guinea Pig

I'm from Dersingham too! The vet I heard about in Lynn was Angharad at Millhouse Vets in Tennyson Road near the college but apparently shes no longer there. I used coastal vets in Snettisham with our first pig, Snowy. He was diagnosed with pneumonia and we were prescribed Baytril but weren't warned of the effect it would have on his gut or offered any probiotic. When I saw it was recommended on here to give probiotics alongside antibiotics I rang them and asked and they said it was completely unnecessary. Unfortunately I took their word for it as I wrongly thought they would know what they were talking about. Snowy was going downhill by the afternoon of the second day and I was trying to syringe him mushed up pellets with limited success and I rang to speak to the vet but he wasn't there, they said he would ring me back. No call came and I kept ringing them but still he wasn't there. I never did get a call back that day and we lost Snowy in the early hours of the morning. It was Chris we saw.

7. biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig

don't know if these have been mentioned already, but aswell as the fantastic aidan raftery at ashleigh vets manchester, there are also two other exotics vets who work there - michelle and shiva. :)

8. biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig

ashleigh vets in whalley range are your closest. they're excellent. three exotics vets there but i always see aidan if possible. he is excellent :)

9. CarnivalPiggy

CarnivalPiggy Adult Guinea Pig

Has anyone gone to the anchorage vets in acle? Passed them today and they're fairly close to me, but I looked on the Google reviews and they seemed more keen on money than the care of animals going by the reviews :hmm:

image.jpg

10. Twinkle

Twinkle Junior Guinea Pig

Can anyone recommend a piggie savvy vet in or around Eastbourne?

11. Rachel Howell

Rachel Howell New Born Pup

Anyone know if Lance Jepsen in Parkway Vets Swansea is good? Also, any advisable vets for tooth filing in South Wales (preferably Carmarthenshire)?

12. biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig

this website helps locate vets in your area http://findavet.rcvs.org.uk/find-a-vet/ you need to go through each to see what animals they treat and perhaps contact them to ask specifically about guinea pigs, but it's another good place to look :)

13. Katie1988

Katie1988 Junior Guinea Pig

Any recommended vets in Manchester? I've used Ashleigh Vets in the past but they are very expensive and miss diagnosed my poor Barley last year, she passed away after many attempts of treatment :(

14. Katie1988

Katie1988 Junior Guinea Pig

Any recommended vets in Manchester? I've used Ashleigh Vets in the past but they are very expensive and miss diagnosed my poor Barley last year, she passed away after many attempts of treatment :(

15. Poppy'sMum

Forum Donator 2016/17

Katie1988 likes this.
  16. KatPig

Forum Donator 2015/16

Hi Guys
    Can anyone recommend a good vets in the west midlands? All of my piggies are currently registered with Vets 4 pets in sutton coldfield, but i have my doubts about how much they know about guinea pigs and i'd rather have a decent vet set up before i really need them.
    I really don't want a vet the treats guinea pigs as a disposable pet which i suspect vets 4 pets will.

17. sport_billy

Staff Member

You are in luck

• Manor Vets Edgbaston
      Marie Kubiak
      371/373 Hagley Road
      Edgbaston
      Birmingham, B17 8DL
      0121 4292829

• Rosewood Animal Hospital
      Kate Tipping
      1 Mason Street
      Coseley, West Midlands WV14 9EP
      01902 671777
      www.veterinary.org.uk/branches.php?id=1

• Vets4pets, Shellfield
      Sally Potter
      71 Lichfield Road
      Shellfield
      Walsall, West Midlands WS4 1PU
      01922 682 520

• Clent Hills Vet Group
      Rod Stroud
      12 Kidderminster Road
      Stourbridge
      , DY9 0QD
      01562 883621

• Wombrook Vets
      Rosie Levene-Barry
      56 Rookery Road
      Wombourne
      Staffordshire, West Midlands WV5 0JQ
      01902 324551

18. KatPig

Forum Donator 2015/16

Wow thank you. :) I will give those a try.

19. biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig

ashleigh vets are well known to be the best around our area, but depending on where you are, cheshire pets might also be close (for those in south manchester usually) and the very excellent molly varga works there :)

Katie1988 and Poppy'sMum like this.